The Most Serene Republic of Bogski
“In bogs we trust”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Most Serene Republic of Bogski is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.231 billion Bogskians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bogskia. The average income tax rate is 72.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Bogskian economy, worth 38.2 trillion Bops a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, extremely specialized black market in Trout Farming and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 31,016 Bops, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Heartfelt sentiments are mercilessly marketed by a million-Bop treacle machine, solid-gold toilets are Bogskian prisons' least expensive furnishings, the army spends more time producing 'romantic videos' than actually training soldiers, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bogski's national animal is the Hedgehog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bogski, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Following new legislation in Bogski, the army spends more time producing 'romantic videos' than actually training soldiers.
- : Following new legislation in Bogski, solid-gold toilets are Bogskian prisons' least expensive furnishings.
- : Following new legislation in Bogski, heartfelt sentiments are mercilessly marketed by a million-Bop treacle machine.
- : Bogski was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Bogski was endorsed by The Socialist Federal Republic of The island of Sorna.
- : Bogski was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Bogski was endorsed by The Insane Zombie Nudist Colony of LadyRebels.
- : Bogski was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Bogski was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Qvait, New Briantown, The Worst army of, Volaworand, Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Midand, Aidenfieeld, Anserisa, Ebonhand, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Wehraboos, Hanguk-Nippon, Laamiva, Erinor, West Pastafaria, PenguinPies, Farengeto, Merevane, Tepertopia, The Filippinas, Aumeltopia, Kandorith, Nowa Europa, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Auphelia, Phanama, Bartonia Nova, Purple Hyacinth, Zataras, Terran Draconia, Alfama, Marinho Islands, Sedunn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, WI SD EA D, Shefino, Belschaft, Rotenaplistan, Sandaoguo, Beepee, The Imperial Frost Federation, Rebel-topia, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, and 21 others.New Goldman, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, Ipugao, The island of Sorna, and The Langburn Islands.