The Western Isles Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .22,93822,93922,94022,94122,94222,94322,944. . .23,04323,044»
LodgedFromMessages
The Commonwealth of Hyukai

Trigel wrote:viewtopic.php?f=4&t=337003&p=38334757#p38334757 News article posted! Tell me if I need to change anything.

Im not saying if its good or bad but I ain't gonna comment on it. Still, at least you were determined to post a decent article

The Blue Islands of Corindia

Shidei wrote:"there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation"

What a wild issue resolution this is

new motto for the navy

The Much love from Polar of Aizcona

Do you guys think it's even possible for a republican to be impeached? Like even if they had done the most vile acts?

The Unified Electorates of Ainslie
The Unified Electorates of Ainslie

Trigel wrote:viewtopic.php?f=4&t=337003&p=38334757#p38334757 News article posted! Tell me if I need to change anything.

so when is your entire soccer team claiming asylum

The NationStates Zombie Holy Red of New Jacobland

Aizcona wrote:Do you guys think it's even possible for a republican to be impeached? Like even if they had done the most vile acts?

I think no unless it is so hated by the public by even hardcore Republicans. It's all politics, not justice.



The Kingdom of Wellsia

Aizcona wrote:Do you guys think it's even possible for a republican to be impeached? Like even if they had done the most vile acts?

New Jacobland wrote:I think no unless it is so hated by the public by even hardcore Republicans. It's all politics, not justice.

Do you think it is possible for any president to be convicted after being impeached? There have been four impeachment trials in US history, Johnson, who was impeached by his own party, Clinton, and now Trump twice, all acquitted. The only president that probably would have been found guilty is Nixon, but he resigned prior to impeachment proceedings. As long as politicians care more about their jobs and party then America, impeachments are a waste of taxpayers money.

The Much love from Polar of Aizcona

Wellsia wrote:Do you think it is possible for any president to be convicted after being impeached? There have been four impeachment trials in US history, Johnson, who was impeached by his own party, Clinton, and now Trump twice, all acquitted. The only president that probably would have been found guilty is Nixon, but he resigned prior to impeachment proceedings. As long as politicians care more about their jobs and party then America, impeachments are a waste of taxpayers money.

I dunno anymore haha

The Much love from Polar of Aizcona

Also, who's back to being lonely for Valentine's Day? Don't forget that you have family, friends and yourself to love. Also liquor and weed if that floats your boat lul

Y'all get all of my love today <3

The Federation of Balnik

Aizcona wrote:Do you guys think it's even possible for a republican to be impeached? Like even if they had done the most vile acts?

I don't think it's possible for anyone to get impeached. Republican or democrat, they are all elites and they are closer to each other than they are with us and will preserve that at any costs.



The Desk of The Western Isles Office of Information

Here is the Weekly Report reporting last week's activities in TWI for being active in TWI last week.

5 - 11 April 2021
- 188 Total Nations (-3), 64 delegate endorsements (+2), 23,039 RMB pages (+10)
- 46 Members on the Map (-12)
- The newly arrived: Trugval, Albaclythe, Athena Isle, Kiez, Kuvo, Recherche, Serpoje.
Welcome (back) and please make sure to endorse our Founder Vancouvia and Successor Ostehaar!

This week's dispatches:
- Serpens Land published "www.gov.sp/rbsl/bank-notes"
- Sannyamathland published "Politburo of the Communist Party of Sannyamathland(WIP)"
- Thromsa published "Constitution Statute"
- Biaten published "Timeline of LGBT Rights"
- Nhoor published "Political parties in Nhoor"
- Aizcona published "Gulf of Ekaitza [WIP]"
- Thromsa published "Presidency Statute"
- Athara Magarat published "Constitution of Magarati Federation"
- Kuvo published "Kuvo | Main Page"
- Thromsa published "Orleans Decree 1968"
- Roendavar published "The Utopian Kingdom of the Union of Roendavarian States - Overview"
- Nadiharu published "Dhārism (Nadihari Religion) (Wip)"
- Soviet UnionJr published "The soviel Union Jr!"
- New Jacobland published "Card DB"
- Essena published "Geogrpahy of Essena"
- The Tsunterlands published "Politics of the Tsunterlands"
- Martenyika published "Order of Battle for the Martenyikan Air Force"
- Almorea published "MITCHELL, MANNERS (1959 - present), 43rd President of the Federal Union (2011-17)"
- Almorea published "MACGREGOR, John (1851 - 1937), eleventh Justice General"
- Aizcona published "EH-8 Trumoia [WIP]"
- The Western Isles Office of Role-Play published "The Seagull - The Western Isles Office of Role-play Monthly Report February and March 2021"
- Martenyika published "Serval Solutions (PMC)"
- Alpacandia published "About woolzis"

120 embassies (+/-0)
- Embassy proposed with The Great Region



See the Regional Archives for the less recent Weekly Happenings format and days even further in the past.


Read dispatch



The I can't understand my motto of Shidei

Wellsia wrote:Do you think it is possible for any president to be convicted after being impeached? There have been four impeachment trials in US history, Johnson, who was impeached by his own party, Clinton, and now Trump twice, all acquitted. The only president that probably would have been found guilty is Nixon, but he resigned prior to impeachment proceedings. As long as politicians care more about their jobs and party then America, impeachments are a waste of taxpayers money.

This one showed that there's at least some hope. Almost as many senate Republicans voted to convict as Republican house members voted to impeach (how's that for a scary thought) and there were some out of nowhere surprises like Burr and Cassidy. Had the Republicans (notice how there's a trend here?) who intentionally did not sit in on the trial have their vote discarded like it rightfully should be, and others like Cruz who were literally filmed conspiring with Trump's defense team right before the vote also had theirs cast out like it rightfully should be, things would have been different.

McConnell is arguably worse than Trump in this situation because he literally said Trump was guilty but because he neglected to start the trial before 45 was purged from office it's suddenly not an act that should be held accountable for, which sets a far more dangerous precedent that a sitting President can do anything they want in the final days in office without repercussion.

The Dominion of Nhoor

Just a general notice that I am currently not online very often because of a mood thing. I do check in every couple of days though and will respond to urgent TG's.

The Kingdom of Wellsia

Not sure how people are reacting in the other 6 districts, but I live in Cassidyís district and his political career is over, not only that but he may have to move to make a living as a doctor again. He voted his conscience, that Iíll commend him for, but his job is to represent the people that elected him, and they fill deceived.



The Edgy Fempire of Keomora

Well my trust in the republic, democracy, and the constitution has been irrevocably shattered. We have left the door open to Caesar and now I await the Augustus to properly end this facade of a republic.

But maybe there is hope.
Only when the way collapses, there is true humanity.
When there is wisdom, there is true hypocrisy.
When there is disunity at home, there is true filial love.
When there is chaos in the nation, only then do people realize who is the loyal to the country.
-Tao Te Ching, Chapter 18.

The I can't understand my motto of Shidei

Wellsia wrote:Not sure how people are reacting in the other 6 districts, but I live in Cassidyís district and his political career is over, not only that but he may have to move to make a living as a doctor again. He voted his conscience, that Iíll commend him for, but his job is to represent the people that elected him, and they fill deceived.

The senators' purpose in this trial was not and should never be to advance the agenda of their constituents, it's to be a jury. Review the evidence provided, listen to both sides of the argument, and decide whether or not to convict.

I'm firmly of the belief that matters like this should be held as a secret ballot, as having your political career effectively terminated because you did your job properly incentivizes you to not do the right thing

The Much love from Polar of Aizcona

Nhoor wrote:Just a general notice that I am currently not online very often because of a mood thing. I do check in every couple of days though and will respond to urgent TG's.

Do your best my dude. NS will be here for you whenever you're good.

Wellsia wrote:Not sure how people are reacting in the other 6 districts, but I live in Cassidyís district and his political career is over, not only that but he may have to move to make a living as a doctor again. He voted his conscience, that Iíll commend him for, but his job is to represent the people that elected him, and they fill deceived.

Republicans make me sad lol

Mokov

I am holding my big referendum tomorrow, anyone involved in my RP, please remember to send an observer to oversee the vote!

The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura

Mokov wrote:I am holding my big referendum tomorrow, anyone involved in my RP, please remember to send an observer to oversee the vote!

That's pretty quick to roll out a referendum in a war-torn country fresh from a high-intensity conflict.

Even given that, it'll take a decent amount of time for international observers to actually show up and get set up properly alongside local elections officials to properly observe this. Granted, this could be rushed as fast as you're doing now IC for the purpose of giving the illusion of a fair vote but I'll say this from now that even if I send Doraltic observers and even if they see the result swing for the continuation of the Regimentalist thing, Dormill and Stiura would still object to the mere existence of the Regemenalist government and the referendum on the basis of how it was conducted.

The Kingdom of Wellsia

Aizcona wrote:Do your best my dude. NS will be here for you whenever you're good.
Republicans make me sad lol

Democratís would do the same things, how do you think people would react if a Democrat had voted to acquit?

The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura

Wellsia wrote:Democratís would do the same things, how do you think people would react if a Democrat had voted to acquit?

If a Democrat attempted the same thing Trump pulled, I would've called my Senators and say "Convict them". There would be no exception because that's honestly stupid.

Mokov

Dormill and Stiura wrote:That's pretty quick to roll out a referendum in a war-torn country fresh from a high-intensity conflict.

Even given that, it'll take a decent amount of time for international observers to actually show up and get set up properly alongside local elections officials to properly observe this. Granted, this could be rushed as fast as you're doing now IC for the purpose of giving the illusion of a fair vote but I'll say this from now that even if I send Doraltic observers and even if they see the result swing for the continuation of the Regimentalist thing, Dormill and Stiura would still object to the mere existence of the Regemenalist government and the referendum on the basis of how it was conducted.

Remember that I announced the referendum back in December, and the Kamerov revolt has been pretty much contained to a single city. Mokov is anything but war torn.

The I can't understand my motto of Shidei

Wellsia wrote:Democratís would do the same things, how do you think people would react if a Democrat had voted to acquit?

Pretty much just the same way. The trial for a crime committed while in office happening after the tenure in office is over should not be an excuse to acquit, because that sets a very bad precedent that a president is immune to prosecution for his or her actions because they're in the lame duck period. You can do a *lot* of damage in that time frame

With the overwhelming evidence presented, and the fact that the only reason he didn't get convicted (again, I remind you, McConnell literally said Trump was guilty) is because the trial took place after Trump was no longer in office (which need I remind you happened because the Republicans opted not to pursue this, because the domestic terrorist insurrection that Trump incited happened while he was still in office I and many other individuals would rightfully hold said acquitting Democrat in poor regard for not wanting to uphold the Constitution.

You have a very very very bad habit of getting your argument backed in a corner and then going "but what about the Democrats". It's like you're assuming everyone is unwilling to hold members of their own party accountable because that's what the Republicans do, therefore everyone does.

The Kingdom of Ioudaia

Shidei wrote:You have a very very very bad habit of getting your argument backed in a corner and then going "but what about the Democrats".

Whataboutism, the fallacy everybody loves!

The Kingdom of Wellsia

Iím in agreement that he should be held accountable, but unfortunately today, few politicians can do wrong in the eyes of their own party.

«12. . .22,93822,93922,94022,94122,94222,94322,944. . .23,04323,044»