The South PacificBoard

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .40,31340,31440,31540,31640,31740,31840,319. . .42,55642,557»
LodgedFromMessages
The Clessificution of Orcuo

Ugd wrote:Hey question are u allowed to ban someone?

No
Only eject them from TSP



The Empire of Fankuwo

Trivalve wrote:Honestly I don't mind a lot of liking but it can start to get on my nerve a little if it happens to much. You would be surprised at the amount of people who hate it as well. It just that people think they are needed at that point of time only to find it was 12 like notifications. It isn't fun sometimes lol :)

Same here.

You have five notifications that appear out of nowhere, knowing that the last post you made was some one hour ago, and find that all five are likes.

The Republic of Chichachkas

Trivalve wrote:Honestly I don't mind a lot of liking but it can start to get on my nerve a little if it happens to much. You would be surprised at the amount of people who hate it as well. It just that people think they are needed at that point of time only to find it was 12 like notifications. It isn't fun sometimes lol :)

I'd argue otherwise. When people notice that others like what they've posted, levels of the "happy chemical" also known as "dopamine" tend to increase and people feel happy and part of a community when they notice that others have responded favourably to their posts. I don't think it's right to punish people for liking other people's ideas and posts. I'd suppose that this is why people share their thoughts in the first place, namely, to see how people will react or to start discussions on pertinent issues.

The P3nguin D3puty Councillor of Trivalve

Ugd wrote:Hey question are u allowed to ban someone?

No I do not, a DC helps the LC's but we don't eject as it takes away from the LC's job lol. We have to even it out otherwise it would be 6 LC's instead of 3 LC's.

Fankuwo wrote:Same here.

You have five notifications that appear out of nowhere, knowing that the last post you made was some one hour ago, and find that all five are likes.

That's why the rule was made.

The Clessificution of Orcuo

Chichachkas wrote:I'd argue otherwise. When people notice that others like what they've posted, levels of the "happy chemical" also known as "dopamine" tend to increase and people feel happy and part of a community when they notice that others have responded favourably to their posts. I don't think it's right to punish people for liking other people's ideas and posts. I'd suppose that this is why people share their thoughts in the first place, namely, to see how people will react or to start discussions on pertinent issues.

I need some
“Happy chemicals”

The Borderlands of The Front Range

Orcuo wrote:I need some
“Happy chemicals”

Have some happy chemicals

The First Socialist Republic of West Khazana Finsstan

Orcuo wrote:I need some
“Happy chemicals”

Testing Happy would love to give you some



The P3nguin D3puty Councillor of Trivalve

Chichachkas wrote:I'd argue otherwise. When people notice that others like what they've posted, levels of the "happy chemical" also known as "dopamine" tend to increase and people feel happy and part of a community when they notice that others have responded favourably to their posts. I don't think it's right to punish people for liking other people's ideas and posts. I'd suppose that this is why people share their thoughts in the first place, namely, to see how people will react or to start discussions on pertinent issues.

I can tell you have never really experienced like spamming. I get where you are coming from but if you look into your notifications and see 20 like posts from the same person, it doesn't usually mean they like your posts, it means that they are just liking for the sake of liking.

The Clessificution of Orcuo

12 days remain…

The First Socialist Republic of West Khazana Finsstan

Orcuo wrote:12 days remain…

For what?

Trivalve wrote:I can tell you have never really experienced like spamming. I get where you are coming from but if you look into your notifications and see 20 like posts from the same person, it doesn't usually mean they like your posts, it means that they are just liking for the sake of liking.

You see 20 notifications: They love me :D
It's all one person: D:

The Borderlands of The Front Range

Orcuo wrote:12 days remain…

Until May ends

The Republic of Chichachkas

Trivalve wrote:I can tell you have never really experienced like spamming. I get where you are coming from but if you look into your notifications and see 20 like posts from the same person, it doesn't usually mean they like your posts, it means that they are just liking for the sake of liking.

I don't really think that people actually think that way. It's an instant reactive euphoria that people feel and it doesn't necessarily matter to them if it's the same person liking their posts or if it's Tom, Bill, Sally, and Margarita. Dopamine could care less.

The P3nguin D3puty Councillor of Trivalve

West Khazana Finsstan wrote:For what?
You see 20 notifications: They love me :D
It's all one person: D:

Pretty much lol

The Clessificution of Orcuo

West Khazana Finsstan wrote:For what?
You see 20 notifications: They love me :D
It's all one person: D:

Until my ultimate alt account can be made

The First Socialist Republic of West Khazana Finsstan

Orcuo wrote:Until my ultimate alt account can be made

More ultimate than this one. No...

The Allied States of Bistritza

Chichachkas wrote:I don't really think that people actually think that way. It's an instant reactive euphoria that people feel and it doesn't necessarily matter to them if it's the same person liking their posts or if it's Tom, Bill, Sally, and Margarita. Dopamine could care less.

youre applying manipulative design too wide
this is right in the cases of instant feedback - novel social media
it does matter who gives you gratification on standard message boards - forums, if they can even do that
you dont expect to get that type of instant feedback addiction on forums, they pray on other factors



The P3nguin D3puty Councillor of Trivalve

Chichachkas wrote:I don't really think that people actually think that way. It's an instant reactive euphoria that people feel and it doesn't necessarily matter to them if it's the same person liking their posts or if it's Tom, Bill, Sally, and Margarita. Dopamine could care less.

I am sorry but that is where you are wrong. The mods didn't make that rule for no reason, they made it because a lot of people complained about like spamming. You are new here so you are looking at it from the only perspective you know at this time. I have been here long enough to know that people really hate like spamming.

The Republic of Chichachkas

Trivalve wrote:I am sorry but that is where you are wrong. The mods didn't make that rule for no reason, they made it because a lot of people complained about like spamming. You are new here so you are looking at it from the only perspective you know at this time. I have been here long enough to know that people really hate like spamming.

In conclusion, some people are strange.

The P3nguin D3puty Councillor of Trivalve

Chichachkas wrote:In conclusion, some people are strange.

That is your opinion but I suggest broadening your perspective

The Clessificution of Orcuo

Trivalve wrote:I am sorry but that is where you are wrong. The mods didn't make that rule for no reason, they made it because a lot of people complained about like spamming. You are new here so you are looking at it from the only perspective you know at this time. I have been here long enough to know that people really hate like spamming.

Speaking of site rules one of them is:
No asking help for homework

The First Socialist Republic of West Khazana Finsstan

Orcuo wrote:Speaking of site rules one of them is:
No asking help for homework

C'mon I need help with 9x=90 :(

The P3nguin D3puty Councillor of Trivalve

Orcuo wrote:Speaking of site rules one of them is:
No asking help for homework

Yeah that is because legal action can be taken against the site if a school or university see's it happen, also this site isn't a homework helping site.

The Negative Zero Positive of Comfed

Trivalve wrote:Yeah that is because legal action can be taken against the site if a school or university see's it happen

Really? Huh. I mean, I guess they have to take that stuff pretty seriously.

The Republic of Chichachkas

Trivalve wrote:That is your opinion but I suggest broadening your perspective

I'm on other social type platforms and have never heard of this weirdness. Ever.

The Nation Of Christianity of Tipitb

I have no idea what to type, I'm very bored lol

«12. . .40,31340,31440,31540,31640,31740,31840,319. . .42,55642,557»