Lorania Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .464465466467468469470. . .478479»
LodgedFromMessages

Post self-deleted by Tai Pei.



The Kingdom of Tai Pei

As of April 15th, 2021, I will be wiping Tai Pei's lore clean and starting anew. What exists right now is an absolute mess.

I have also deleted all of my RMB posts that are over 90 days old, there were some edgy memes and memes that I want to recycle there. (So sad F in chat.)

The Social Liberal Democracy of Sail Nation

Devionsa wrote:There's no law that says bans apply to just threats. I don't see why this is an issue honestly. Mods won't intervene unless there is excessive spamming or use of horrible language. I don't see why we have to wait for that to happen if we are already familiar with them and know that they aren't likeable people. TWC are just an unsavoury nation that had and still has relations with fascist regions and players and many other OOC offenses from their leaderships. If anyone wants any further information on their OOC problems, TG me.

Otherwise, I'd just like Lorania to be provided reasons why TWC should be removed from the ban list. What benefit would that serve if we don't have and don't plan to have any relations with them?

I do know about the problems with what TWC has done in regards to fascist regions and players, but this takes place mainly offsite (from what I've heard). Therefore, just ban them from the discord, as that is private property, not subject to Loranian law. You do also realise, that NS site rules covers basically most OOC offences - read this for extra info: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=260044

However, I have seen no onsite offences that they have committed while in the region, so I see no reason for them to be banjected. You can't just ban people that you don't agree with.

And I repeat, I would be very happy to see a law that would expand the list of OOC offences. If the crimes that they've committed are so bad, then why haven't you or Seas done anything in the past three months to ban them under Loranian law? It takes very little time and effort to draft a bill.

Again, I staunchly disagree with the imperialist nature of TWC, as well as some of their actions that I've heard about, but unconstitutionally banning them isn't right. What's stopping this becoming an excuse for future governments banning whoever they want. We might see banning of political rivals, nations that the PM just doesn't like or anyone who may be a threat to them. Allowing for unconstitutional bans may lead to a future leader having the excuse to effectively 'coup' the region, especially if they gain access to the founder account down the line.

Excal said some seriously bad stuff offsite (I heard about this from the evidence that Ogliacia gave), that would be classified as flaming if it were onsite, and if it were said enough onsite, would have resulted in a banjection. Yet Excal hasn't been banned. So I'm seeing some inconsistencies.

I'm happy to work on a bill outlawing more OOC offences not covered by Loranian or NS rules. Just as long as it isn't too harsh or allows for a government to hold too much power.

The Herbicide of 2-4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid

Sail Nation wrote:I do know about the problems with what TWC has done in regards to fascist regions and players, but this takes place mainly offsite (from what I've heard). Therefore, just ban them from the discord, as that is private property, not subject to Loranian law. You do also realise, that NS site rules covers basically most OOC offences - read this for extra info: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=260044

However, I have seen no onsite offences that they have committed while in the region, so I see no reason for them to be banjected. You can't just ban people that you don't agree with.

And I repeat, I would be very happy to see a law that would expand the list of OOC offences. If the crimes that they've committed are so bad, then why haven't you or Seas done anything in the past three months to ban them under Loranian law? It takes very little time and effort to draft a bill.

Again, I staunchly disagree with the imperialist nature of TWC, as well as some of their actions that I've heard about, but unconstitutionally banning them isn't right. What's stopping this becoming an excuse for future governments banning whoever they want. We might see banning of political rivals, nations that the PM just doesn't like or anyone who may be a threat to them. Allowing for unconstitutional bans may lead to a future leader having the excuse to effectively 'coup' the region, especially if they gain access to the founder account down the line.

Excal said some seriously bad stuff offsite (I heard about this from the evidence that Ogliacia gave), that would be classified as flaming if it were onsite, and if it were said enough onsite, would have resulted in a banjection. Yet Excal hasn't been banned. So I'm seeing some inconsistencies.

I'm happy to work on a bill outlawing more OOC offences not covered by Loranian or NS rules. Just as long as it isn't too harsh or allows for a government to hold too much power.

Was going to try to pass this. But our wonderful House of Commons adjourned so didnít happen. Still donít remember why it was decided that the HOC should adjourn 2 weeks early, but whatever.

Section 1: Criminal Categories

1.1 Felonies - More severe than misdemeanors, results in total ban from region for more than 2 weeks.

1.2 - Misdemeanors - Less severe than a felony, RMB ban or maximum 2 week regional ban.

1.3 Clarifications - RMB bans are where you are prohibited from posting on the RMB. If you post on the RMB your punishment may be upgraded. Bans not specified as RMB bans are regular bans.

Section 2: Establishing crimes that can be committed.

Category 1: Treason
2.1.1 Prime Minister Coup - Felony - An act to illegally oust the Prime Minster - 1 Month to life ban

2.1.2 Founder Coup - Felony - An act to illegally oust the Founder - 8 Month to life ban.

2.1.3 Delegate Coup - Felony - An intentional act to illegally oust the WA Delegate - 3 weeks to life ban

Category 2: Illegal Obtainment

2.2.1 Extortion - Felony - Using threats to obtain information - 1 week to 1 month ban
2.2.2 Bribery - Misdemeanor - Paying something for something illegally - 1 week RMB ban or 1 week complete ban/ or 2 weeks of Probation
2.2.3 Perjury - Misdemeanor - Lying or falsifying evidence in a court of law. 1 week RMB ban

Category 3: Abuse of Power
2.3.1 Abuse of Power - Felony - Using your position illegally - 2 weeks to life ban

Category 4. RMB Violations
2.4.1 Flaming - Misdemeanor or Felony depending on severity - Verbally attacking someone outside of a political setting with the intent of getting a rise out of someone - Misdemeanor: 1 week RMB Ban - Felony: 1 week to 1 month ban
2.4.2 Libel - Misdemeanor - written statements defaming someone -
5 day - 2 week RMB ban
2.4.3 Spamming - Misdemeanor - excessively posting on the RMB, at least ten posts in short succession usually. - 1 to 2 week RMB Ban.
2.4.4 Spamming - Felony - posting extreme amount of messages on the RMB, usually more than a complete page. - 2+ week ban.

Category 5: OOC
2.5.1 Doxxing - Felony - Finding and using real life personal information of someone else without their permission - 6 months ban to life

Category 6: Ban Evasion
2.6.1 Evasion of Regular Ban - Felony - Using alts or other methods to enter the region - Permanent Ban, may be appealed for probation/parole only once.
2.6.2 Evasion of RMB Ban - Felony - posting on the RMB when prohibited - 1 month to 2 year ban depending on severity.

Read dispatch

The Friendly Nation of Matroyska

2-4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid wrote:Was going to try to pass this. But our wonderful House of Commons adjourned so didnít happen. Still donít remember why it was decided that the HOC should adjourn 2 weeks early, but whatever.
Section 1: Criminal Categories

1.1 Felonies - More severe than misdemeanors, results in total ban from region for more than 2 weeks.

1.2 - Misdemeanors - Less severe than a felony, RMB ban or maximum 2 week regional ban.

1.3 Clarifications - RMB bans are where you are prohibited from posting on the RMB. If you post on the RMB your punishment may be upgraded. Bans not specified as RMB bans are regular bans.

Section 2: Establishing crimes that can be committed.

Category 1: Treason
2.1.1 Prime Minister Coup - Felony - An act to illegally oust the Prime Minster - 1 Month to life ban

2.1.2 Founder Coup - Felony - An act to illegally oust the Founder - 8 Month to life ban.

2.1.3 Delegate Coup - Felony - An intentional act to illegally oust the WA Delegate - 3 weeks to life ban

Category 2: Illegal Obtainment

2.2.1 Extortion - Felony - Using threats to obtain information - 1 week to 1 month ban
2.2.2 Bribery - Misdemeanor - Paying something for something illegally - 1 week RMB ban or 1 week complete ban/ or 2 weeks of Probation
2.2.3 Perjury - Misdemeanor - Lying or falsifying evidence in a court of law. 1 week RMB ban

Category 3: Abuse of Power
2.3.1 Abuse of Power - Felony - Using your position illegally - 2 weeks to life ban

Category 4. RMB Violations
2.4.1 Flaming - Misdemeanor or Felony depending on severity - Verbally attacking someone outside of a political setting with the intent of getting a rise out of someone - Misdemeanor: 1 week RMB Ban - Felony: 1 week to 1 month ban
2.4.2 Libel - Misdemeanor - written statements defaming someone -
5 day - 2 week RMB ban
2.4.3 Spamming - Misdemeanor - excessively posting on the RMB, at least ten posts in short succession usually. - 1 to 2 week RMB Ban.
2.4.4 Spamming - Felony - posting extreme amount of messages on the RMB, usually more than a complete page. - 2+ week ban.

Category 5: OOC
2.5.1 Doxxing - Felony - Finding and using real life personal information of someone else without their permission - 6 months ban to life

Category 6: Ban Evasion
2.6.1 Evasion of Regular Ban - Felony - Using alts or other methods to enter the region - Permanent Ban, may be appealed for probation/parole only once.
2.6.2 Evasion of RMB Ban - Felony - posting on the RMB when prohibited - 1 month to 2 year ban depending on severity.

Read dispatch

the house adjourns at the start of campaigning week so that any MPs who want to run for PM, such as your wonderful self, can focus on that and can't use their position to give them an advantage (e.g. by passing popular laws).

The ☭☭☭☭☭☭ of Galactic Powers

Tai Pei wrote:As of April 15th, 2021, I will be wiping Tai Pei's lore clean and starting anew. What exists right now is an absolute mess.

I have also deleted all of my RMB posts that are over 90 days old, there were some edgy memes and memes that I want to recycle there. (So sad F in chat.)

f

The Herbicide of 2-4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid

Matroyska wrote:the house adjourns at the start of campaigning week so that any MPs who want to run for PM, such as your wonderful self, can focus on that and can't use their position to give them an advantage (e.g. by passing popular laws).

Knowing how the HOC usually is, I wouldnít see it as a problem, but I see where you are going with it, tho I disagree.

The ☭☭☭☭☭☭ of Galactic Powers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KigVdcSr8s4

The Friendly Nation of Matroyska

Vote Matroyska to put the Unity back in the Loranian Community!


Who am I?



You might know me as your current Deputy PM, or author of many important pieces of legislation, or from my many hilarious RMB posts. As a veteran Loranian, I care deeply about the community we have here and I want to ensure that at all times Lorania is a safe, interesting and fun place to be. This will involve many new cultural opportunities to keep the community active and encourage new members to join and remain here.


What actual policies will I implement?


  • One of my main policy priorities will be recruitment. I don't think we should expand just for the sake of it but more people living here means more active members, and more active members means a more lively and active community. I'm already managing to run API recruitment for an hour or two each day, although that will go down in the coming weeks, so more people are needed to take up the mantle. I'm interested in developing a Unique Selling Point for the region e.g. targeting recruitment at those who left their regions and don't know where to turn - this leads me on to my next area of focus.

  • I'll introduce a lot of new features to advance our regional culture: government support of RP, lots more polls to spark discussion and debate, minigames etc. This is to try and encourage new recruits to stay and become part of the community, so we can have more friends and to help us grow. I also want to foster a more relaxed environment than the one we've been seeing of late - all disputes can be solved with calm discussion, and a friendly atmosphere is what will make people stay.

  • I'll massively increase government transparency so no Loranian feels like theyíre in the dark on the decision making process. As much as possible, government negotiations will take place on the Regional Message Board, and I'll also host a fortnightly Prime Minister's Questions where anyone can ask me and my cabinet anything they want to know about what we're doing or something they think we should be doing. I'll also try to introduce a Freedom of Information Act making it illegal for a member of the government to withhold from Loranians information about government affairs that will affect them.

  • I'll continue to author important bills to put to the House of Commons, to improve the way our laws look, remove loopholes and help guarantee 'Equality Above All Else'. A crucial one I want to start on straight away is a criminal code, already drafted by my excellent opponent 24D - we need to clearly set out what is legal and what isn't.



Who are my nominations for the cabinet?



Deputy Prime Minister: Sail Nation, once again. Another thing I want to look into is creating more of a defined role for the Deputy, and I know Sail will work with me on this to create a meaningful set of responsibilities, but until then theyíll also be a sterling standby in case I get assassinated.

Home Secretary: Sirian. As mentioned in their campaign, they have a lot of ideas for regional activities that Iíd love to see implemented, and during their spell as Chief Justice we saw how pragmatically they dealt with issues within the region.

Foreign Secretary: Devionsa. An excellent diplomat and with lots of experience in other regions, Devi will make a great ambassador for Lorania.

Chief Justice: everyoneís favourite Banana Duck Skundi. Surely no explanation needed - theyíre experienced, fair and down-to-earth, and the perfect person to uphold our laws.

Regional Historian/Law Archivist: Ogliacia. With a deep interest in regional history and making sure all documents are up to date, it only makes sense.

Minister of Culture: Iím very pleased to announce Tai Pei has agreed to expand their former remit as Minister of Memes to be involved in helping define our regional identity and culture. As this is a new position exact responsibilities are yet to be scoped out but I think giving the Culture Minister powers regarding Appearance and Polls, eg to start interesting debates, would be a good extension of the humour they already bring to the RMB and allow them to help us create an atmosphere more people will want to stay in.

Closing Statement

As always I have immense respect for my opponents in this election, and they would all be worthy Prime Ministers - but, I believe I can take this region in the direction it needs to go in, with a clear defined path and a new attitude. Things will get done, and we'll rediscover what's great about NS.
I'd also like to remind everyone that this election we're voting in the Loranian Polling Station region, using Alternative Vote where candidates are ranked in order of preference, so please remember to head there to cast your vote, and even if I'm not your favourite, a second or third place vote still helps!
Vote Matroyska to put the Unity back in the Loranian Community!
Read dispatch


apart from my cabinet nominees, my campaign dispatch is all finished - please have a look, and i'm happy to answer any questions. and please consider voting for Matroyska!

The Kingdom of Tai Pei

Matroyska wrote:
Vote Matroyska to put the Unity back in the Loranian Community!


Who am I?



You might know me as your current Deputy PM, or author of many important pieces of legislation, or from my many hilarious RMB posts. As a veteran Loranian, I care deeply about the community we have here and I want to ensure that at all times Lorania is a safe, interesting and fun place to be. This will involve many new cultural opportunities to keep the community active and encourage new members to join and remain here.


What actual policies will I implement?


  • One of my main policy priorities will be recruitment. I don't think we should expand just for the sake of it but more people living here means more active members, and more active members means a more lively and active community. I'm already managing to run API recruitment for an hour or two each day, although that will go down in the coming weeks, so more people are needed to take up the mantle. I'm interested in developing a Unique Selling Point for the region e.g. targeting recruitment at those who left their regions and don't know where to turn - this leads me on to my next area of focus.

  • I'll introduce a lot of new features to advance our regional culture: government support of RP, lots more polls to spark discussion and debate, minigames etc. This is to try and encourage new recruits to stay and become part of the community, so we can have more friends and to help us grow. I also want to foster a more relaxed environment than the one we've been seeing of late - all disputes can be solved with calm discussion, and a friendly atmosphere is what will make people stay.

  • I'll massively increase government transparency so no Loranian feels like theyíre in the dark on the decision making process. As much as possible, government negotiations will take place on the Regional Message Board, and I'll also host a fortnightly Prime Minister's Questions where anyone can ask me and my cabinet anything they want to know about what we're doing or something they think we should be doing. I'll also try to introduce a Freedom of Information Act making it illegal for a member of the government to withhold from Loranians information about government affairs that will affect them.

  • I'll continue to author important bills to put to the House of Commons, to improve the way our laws look, remove loopholes and help guarantee 'Equality Above All Else'. A crucial one I want to start on straight away is a criminal code, already drafted by my excellent opponent 24D - we need to clearly set out what is legal and what isn't.



Who are my nominations for the cabinet?



Deputy Prime Minister: Sail Nation, once again. Another thing I want to look into is creating more of a defined role for the Deputy, and I know Sail will work with me on this to create a meaningful set of responsibilities, but until then theyíll also be a sterling standby in case I get assassinated.

Home Secretary: Sirian. As mentioned in their campaign, they have a lot of ideas for regional activities that Iíd love to see implemented, and during their spell as Chief Justice we saw how pragmatically they dealt with issues within the region.

Foreign Secretary: Devionsa. An excellent diplomat and with lots of experience in other regions, Devi will make a great ambassador for Lorania.

Chief Justice: everyoneís favourite Banana Duck Skundi. Surely no explanation needed - theyíre experienced, fair and down-to-earth, and the perfect person to uphold our laws.

Regional Historian/Law Archivist: Ogliacia. With a deep interest in regional history and making sure all documents are up to date, it only makes sense.

Minister of Culture: Iím very pleased to announce Tai Pei has agreed to expand their former remit as Minister of Memes to be involved in helping define our regional identity and culture. As this is a new position exact responsibilities are yet to be scoped out but I think giving the Culture Minister powers regarding Appearance and Polls, eg to start interesting debates, would be a good extension of the humour they already bring to the RMB and allow them to help us create an atmosphere more people will want to stay in.

Closing Statement

As always I have immense respect for my opponents in this election, and they would all be worthy Prime Ministers - but, I believe I can take this region in the direction it needs to go in, with a clear defined path and a new attitude. Things will get done, and we'll rediscover what's great about NS.
I'd also like to remind everyone that this election we're voting in the Loranian Polling Station region, using Alternative Vote where candidates are ranked in order of preference, so please remember to head there to cast your vote, and even if I'm not your favourite, a second or third place vote still helps!
Vote Matroyska to put the Unity back in the Loranian Community!
Read dispatch


apart from my cabinet nominees, my campaign dispatch is all finished - please have a look, and i'm happy to answer any questions. and please consider voting for Matroyska!

As Matroyska's nominee for the Ministry of Culture (former Minister of Memes), I will turn Lorania into the most advanced civilization ever.

The Confederacy of Ogliacia

Seven Seas wrote:Then tell me, if you were PM right now what would you do? No generalizations, what exactly would you do? Maybe I can do that for you.

To answer the current PM:
page=dispatch/id=1531268
Aye, thatís right, Iím running as well.
Sirian, 2-4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid, Matroyska and Cousethii (though she has said on the title of her dispatch she wonít be standing, but could be saying that either as a joke or to deceive Lorania), thought you were running without me? Well it seems not, you each have 1 more opponent in this election.
Apologies for keeping this hidden from Lorania for over 5 days, but I wanted to make it a surprise.



The Democratic Socialist States of Sirian

Too crowded, won't run.



The Kingdom of Tai Pei

Should I continue the funny news stories every weekend?

The Social Liberal Democracy of Sail Nation

Sirian wrote:Too crowded, won't run.

I don't really think that there's anything wrong with 4-5 candidates running when we have preferential voting - there isn't the problem of the 'spoiler effect'. Don't quite get your reasoning for why you won't run due to the number of candidates, feel free to explain if you want to. It's your decision though, so I'm not going to fight it.



The Women can wear trousers too of Cousethii

I will not be standing at these Prime Ministerial elections. (The dispatch in question was written under the assumption that Seven Seas would stand for a third term, which has not thus far materialised.)

I will happily offer the next Prime Minister and their cabinet the use of Snap Back to Reality for cabinet meetings; the only problem is how we confirm embassies when the time comes... :P

Matroyska wrote:Vote Matroyska to put the Unity back in the Loranian Community!

  1. I am grateful for your new focus on increased recruitment, but how do you plan to support "more people" in recruiting for Lorania? Some people, including Ogliacia, condemned Seven Seas for seeking to "attempt to recruit as many nations as we can" during his re-election campaign, yet Lorania's population is now just 65% of what it was on Election Day in January 2021.

  2. Assuming that you do not win the Prime Ministerial election, do you intend to work with Ogliacia to deliver on your proposed FoI reforms?

  3. Do you intend to petition for the appointment of Tai Pei to an actual Regional Officer position?

Ogliacia wrote:Ogliacia for Lorania

  1. How and by whom were you elected leader of the Loranian Libertarian Alliance?

  2. Seven Seas wanted to "put up new and fun polls" for Loranians to vote on, too, during his re-election campaign in January. This, as you can tell, never happened. How are we to trust that you can deliver on your promise to create "recreational polls?"

  3. Assuming that you do not win the Prime Ministerial election, do you intend to work with Matroyska to deliver on your proposed FoI reforms?

  4. How do we know that the Loranian Roleplay collapsed because of a lack of interest, rather than a lack of roleplay moderators?

  5. You mean that LoraniaNews?

2-4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid wrote:Loranian Criminal Code

I have made it abundantly clear multiple times that you are more than welcome to use this RMB, etc. as a sanctuary for drafting.

The Democratic Socialist States of Sirian

Sail Nation wrote:I don't really think that there's anything wrong with 4-5 candidates running when we have preferential voting - there isn't the problem of the 'spoiler effect'. Don't quite get your reasoning for why you won't run due to the number of candidates, feel free to explain if you want to. It's your decision though, so I'm not going to fight it.

Fine, I'll run.



The Confederacy of Ogliacia

Cousethii wrote:
  1. How and by whom were you elected leader of the Loranian Libertarian Alliance?

  2. Seven Seas wanted to "put up new and fun polls" for Loranians to vote on, too, during his re-election campaign in January. This, as you can tell, never happened. How are we to trust that you can deliver on your promise to create "recreational polls?"

  3. Assuming that you do not win the Prime Ministerial election, do you intend to work with Matroyska to deliver on your proposed FoI reforms?

  4. How do we know that the Loranian Roleplay collapsed because of a lack of interest, rather than a lack of roleplay moderators?

  5. You mean that LoraniaNews?

1. The Founder and 1st leader was Apathetic Pigeons, who decided to have a leadership vote. I voted for him (out of politeness), and he (alongside Tiddles, who flipped a coin) voted for me (out of politeness).

2. Because unlike SS, I'm not too lazy to be bothered to deliver on my promises (no offence SS). Some of my promises need to be sent to the HoC so will collectively take a while (but will be implemented), but the rest of my promises will be implemented within the first couple of weeks of my term.

3. I have a great deal of respect for Matroyska (this is evidenced by the last election, when I strongly campaigned for them), I'll have no difficulty working with them to deliver on all our mutual promises.

4. Personally, I believe the RP failed for a number of reasons, many of which are fixable. One of those things was a lack of RP Staff, making it difficult to make all of the RP dispatches. Also, many nations either became inactive (such as Waldoven, Sirian and ZweiPru) or lost interest (such as Matroyska), leaving those who did have interest to also become bored. Another reason could be the lack of guidance, which is because I'm not the best person to guide RPs. I believe that my Home Secretary (Devionsa) will appoint a couple of good RP Managers, to evolve and build upon what I created.

5. Yes, that LoraniaNews. It failed to launch in January-February due to the fact that there was no-one willing to write articles for it. However, I'm confident that (after some polishing) we'll get it up and running, with articles every month.

The Thalassocracy of Seven Seas

Ogliacia wrote:1. The Founder and 1st leader was Apathetic Pigeons, who decided to have a leadership vote. I voted for him (out of politeness), and he (alongside Tiddles, who flipped a coin) voted for me (out of politeness).

2. Because unlike SS, I'm not too lazy to be bothered to deliver on my promises (no offence SS). Some of my promises need to be sent to the HoC so will collectively take a while (but will be implemented), but the rest of my promises will be implemented within the first couple of weeks of my term.

3. I have a great deal of respect for Matroyska (this is evidenced by the last election, when I strongly campaigned for them), I'll have no difficulty working with them to deliver on all our mutual promises.

4. Personally, I believe the RP failed for a number of reasons, many of which are fixable. One of those things was a lack of RP Staff, making it difficult to make all of the RP dispatches. Also, many nations either became inactive (such as Waldoven, Sirian and ZweiPru) or lost interest (such as Matroyska), leaving those who did have interest to also become bored. Another reason could be the lack of guidance, which is because I'm not the best person to guide RPs. I believe that my Home Secretary (Devionsa) will appoint a couple of good RP Managers, to evolve and build upon what I created.

5. Yes, that LoraniaNews. It failed to launch in January-February due to the fact that there was no-one willing to write articles for it. However, I'm confident that (after some polishing) we'll get it up and running, with articles every month.

Lol, too lazy? You try dealing with TWC and see how ready you are to put up some fun polls.

The Kingdom of Tai Pei

i hate banna ducc



The Women can wear trousers too of Cousethii

Seven Seas wrote:Lol, too lazy? You try dealing with TWC and see how ready you are to put up some fun polls.

There is no excuse - including the revival of an age-old interregional dispute - for a Loranian Prime Minister not to delegate tasks to his Cabinet ministers when necessary, especially those tasks pledged in one's manifesto.



The Friendly Nation of Matroyska

Cousethii wrote:
  1. I am grateful for your new focus on increased recruitment, but how do you plan to support "more people" in recruiting for Lorania? Some people, including Ogliacia, condemned Seven Seas for seeking to "attempt to recruit as many nations as we can" during his re-election campaign, yet Lorania's population is now just 65% of what it was on Election Day in January 2021.

  2. Assuming that you do not win the Prime Ministerial election, do you intend to work with Ogliacia to deliver on your proposed FoI reforms?

  3. Do you intend to petition for the appointment of Tai Pei to an actual Regional Officer position?

1) good question. i think demystifying the nature of recruitment will go a long way - i thought api was this big scary thing before i tried it, but itís really not. iíve also said in past how i think an every little helps attitude will pay dividends- it doesnít matter how infrequently you recruit, it all adds up. further to this, i really want to look at rewriting the actual recruitment tg to appeal to our target audience. re: recruiting ďas many nations as we canĒ - iím not taking that attitude. growth is nice, but itís not the be-all and end-all, just maintaining a nice steady uptick, and more importantly keeping active nations here, is more important.

2) obviously if i donít win the victor can do what they want (within the pm remit), but iíll draft and submit the bill if nobody else does

3) maybe i wouldnít call it a regional officer as tai pei has stressed on many occasions that they donít want to be involved in politics - think of it more like similar to how youíre the unofficial wfe designer - you have appearance authority but itís not a cabinet role. same with tai pei if i win, theyíll have ability to do polls etc but not a cabinet officer. if i donít win, no petitioning involved.

Tai Pei wrote:i hate banna ducc

treachery of the highest order. thou shalt be put to execution

The Democratic Socialist States of Sirian

I have a question for Ogliacia. Explain to me, other than having a large population why I should be your foreign secretary.

The Herbicide of 2-4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid

Cousethii wrote:I will not be standing at these Prime Ministerial elections. (The dispatch in question was written under the assumption that Seven Seas would stand for a third term, which has not thus far materialised.)

I will happily offer the next Prime Minister and their cabinet the use of Snap Back to Reality for cabinet meetings; the only problem is how we confirm embassies when the time comes... :P

  1. I am grateful for your new focus on increased recruitment, but how do you plan to support "more people" in recruiting for Lorania? Some people, including Ogliacia, condemned Seven Seas for seeking to "attempt to recruit as many nations as we can" during his re-election campaign, yet Lorania's population is now just 65% of what it was on Election Day in January 2021.

  2. Assuming that you do not win the Prime Ministerial election, do you intend to work with Ogliacia to deliver on your proposed FoI reforms?

  3. Do you intend to petition for the appointment of Tai Pei to an actual Regional Officer position?

  1. How and by whom were you elected leader of the Loranian Libertarian Alliance?

  2. Seven Seas wanted to "put up new and fun polls" for Loranians to vote on, too, during his re-election campaign in January. This, as you can tell, never happened. How are we to trust that you can deliver on your promise to create "recreational polls?"

  3. Assuming that you do not win the Prime Ministerial election, do you intend to work with Matroyska to deliver on your proposed FoI reforms?

  4. How do we know that the Loranian Roleplay collapsed because of a lack of interest, rather than a lack of roleplay moderators?

  5. You mean that LoraniaNews?

I have made it abundantly clear multiple times that you are more than welcome to use this RMB, etc. as a sanctuary for drafting.

It was done. The last time I submitted it it was done. And what is the point of having a HoC if other reps canít amend a bill?

The Confederacy of Ogliacia

Seven Seas wrote:Lol, too lazy? You try dealing with TWC and see how ready you are to put up some fun polls.

Really? You think that our week-long (at the most) dispute with TWC serves as valid reason for the lack of polls over the last few months? SS, you had more than enough time to follow through with that campaign promise.

In fact, If I remember correctly, it was you and excal who decided it was a reasonably good idea to put Puetavisa on trial, for a crime that was vague and didn't exist (and technically doesn't exist now) in Loranian law. Further to this, you failed to provide any evidence, to which excal (mid-trial) decided to bribe Apostate for any evidence against Puetavisa. It crazy how ridiculously illogical those actions and decisions were and I can't understand why you didn't expect this to go as it went, which was TWC humiliating Lorania, temporarily making the region an embassment for all who resided in it.

So in conclusion, your excuse for not making polls, is because of a week-long (at the most) calamity that you and excal caused because of excal's personal vendetta between with Puetavisa and TWC.

The Thalassocracy of Seven Seas

Ogliacia wrote:Really? You think that our week-long (at the most) dispute with TWC serves as valid reason for the lack of polls over the last few months? SS, you had more than enough time to follow through with that campaign promise.

In fact, If I remember correctly, it was you and excal who decided it was a reasonably good idea to put Puetavisa on trial, for a crime that was vague and didn't exist (and technically doesn't exist now) in Loranian law. Further to this, you failed to provide any evidence, to which excal (mid-trial) decided to bribe Apostate for any evidence against Puetavisa. It crazy how ridiculously illogical those actions and decisions were and I can't understand why you didn't expect this to go as it went, which was TWC humiliating Lorania, temporarily making the region an embassment for all who resided in it.

So in conclusion, your excuse for not making polls, is because of a week-long (at the most) calamity that you and excal caused because of excal's personal vendetta between with Puetavisa and TWC.

My mistake was making it a trial in the first place. It should have been handled as an OOC administrative decision. I also don't see how we could be humiliated. Are you humiliated when the TWC decides to condemn your region? Are you humiliated when you don't get to be chummy with TWC anymore? We should not be concerning ourselves with what TWC thinks of us, and I hope that you, for the sake of this community (not the region, but the community) do not either.

Maybe I could have put up some polls, but going on NS was not something fun for me anymore. Sorry guys...

I suggest you do not base you campaign on pointing out all the wrongs done in the past administration. And I suggest you don't base your campaign on supporting the defense of the enemies of this community. I fear if you are elected PM TWC will hold much more sway over the region and you will not know, or even consider, how to deal with OOC shenanigans besides the occasional spammer. For these reason I reluctantly urge all of you to not vote for Ogliacia. They have great ideas when it comes to IC regional law and activities, but they should not be the one making all the decisions.

«12. . .464465466467468469470. . .478479»