Anteria Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .769770771772773774775. . .842843»
LodgedFromMessages
The State of Gassasinia

Apple Landia wrote:Rules for rulers 101: never spend money on your citizens.

If your military spending is so high that it's ruining your economy, how do you plan to sustain your military spending once your economy has been ruined?

The Federation of Apple Landia

Gassasinia wrote:If your military spending is so high that it's ruining your economy, how do you plan to sustain your military spending once your economy has been ruined?

Itís called a suicide mission, I know Iím gonna die, so I make it my best run until I get thrown over.



The Empire of The Veritian Empire

Apple Landia wrote:Itís called a suicide mission, I know Iím gonna die, so I make it my best run until I get thrown over.

I'm done with this bs. Goodnight yall.

The Federation of Apple Landia

The Veritian Empire wrote:Im done with this bs. Night yall.

I thought you were gonna join the war?

The Republic of Nicersdah

He doesnt want to join because you are breaking reality

The Empire of The Veritian Empire

Apple Landia wrote:I thought you were gonna join the war?

No. This war makes no sense whatsoever and even Kistolia has told you that he wants to make it non canon.

The Empire of Wellsenfaile

I could help but it's kinda pointless

The Federation of Apple Landia

The Veritian Empire wrote:No. This war makes no sense whatsoever and even Kistolia has told you that he wants to make it non canon.

Iím not on the disc rn so thanks for telling me

The Federative Republic of Amrelia

73rd Federal Directory elected

WHITEFORD, F.D. ó The 73rd Federal Directory was officially elected today at a joint session of the United Federal Assembly in the capital. Frederic Carrington of the Federalists was elected as First Consul and Adrian Lord of the Federalists will be the Vice Consul. The other two members elected were Retha Wright of the Republicans and Ezra Weston of the Liberals. Some wondered whether or not the National Front, who made large gains in the election, would manage to get enough votes in the Assembly to get a member on the Directory, but it was not to be.

The Directory will begin their four-year term on January 1, 2021. Carrington will serve as First Consul for one year before the Vice Consul takes the position. The positions of First Consul and Vice Consul will rotate yearly among the members.

The new Directory members have stated that they wish to work more closely with members of the international community, especially those in Thrismari. ďWe need to be establishing closer ties with our neighbors and those that share Amreliaís common interestsĒ said Carrington, and similar comments were made by Foreign Minister Fulton.



The Republic of Nicersdah

The Battle of Yarnuego's Mount

On a large hill stood 9k men, most of whom stood with the knowledge that they were going to die that night. Men stood, trembling with fear, staring down on the snow filled hill with anticipation for the battle ahead. Small temporary tents for the commanders discussed knowledge and plans, but deep down they knew it was in vain.

Just then, a low level officers of 23 men, the other 27 killed beforehand in other battles, spotted a plane ahead. His name was Romares Garganov. He told his commander, who told the generals. President Kanmange Retrubin sighs and exclaims, "Here dies Nicersdah and all she stands for". With another sigh, he commands his assistant to get him his gun and ammo.

From atop the hill the new flag of the NNF could be seen. Several men shoot at it, but they were quickly shot, as it was one man in a rouse to get them to waste ammo.

It's a snowy day, with low clouds, meaning this one will be a difficult one to view, not like anyone will be except soldiers. The day was waning, meaning it was the perfect time for the NNF and her allies to strike.

The Air Force Units sent by Kistolia rain fire on the loyalist forces, killing a good portion, maybe 500. The Loyalist men are in panic, some people laying down and trying to run down the hill in surrender only to get shot in mistake for a charging soldier. The Kistolian men march up the hill from the north and the NNFA from the south. They shoot uphill with a 1-2 KD ratio. They then charge back downhill, and against orders most loyalist men march down in pursuit. The bulk of the Loyalists were then hit by Kistolian tanks when they were in sight. The Entire NNFA, Kistolian and Catron Ttarinese forces march up and take the hill with little resistance. Leading what remains after the President was shot as was his guard was Romares Garganov, who surrendered the Loyalist forces and signed away the leadership of the nation to the NNF, which has now become the National Government of Nicersdah. The NNF has won the Nicersdah Civil War.

Official Casualty Numbers:
Nicersdah 4,026
NNF 2,182
Kistolia 826
Catron Ttarin 13

The Democratic States of Kistolia

OOC: I left for a bit and got 76 messages, what happened??

The Federation of Apple Landia

Kistolia wrote:OOC: I left for a bit and got 76 messages, what happened??

Some war stuff, mainly me tryna continue the Acriaen-Kistolian war



The Democratic States of Kistolia

Gassasinia wrote:OOC: I wish to remind you that two can play the military asspulling game.

The USA certainly /does not/ spend a quarter of it's GDP on it's military. You might be confusing GDP with government budget. GDP is your country's /total income/, whereas government budget is the budget that your government has as a result of taxes, properties, etcetera. The USA's military spending, last I remember, is 3.42% of their total GDP.

A quarter of your GDP being spent on military is not at all sustainable, and is something that you'd likely only expect in a few very very very extreme circumstances, such as a country which is well into a military war and has had time to gear their economy towards their military. As it stands, the biggest military spender as a proportion of GDP is Saudi Arabia, at 8% of their total GDP.

I spend 3% of my gdp. I may decrease it tho

The Federation of Apple Landia

Kistolia wrote:OOC: I left for a bit and got 76 messages, what happened??

You also might wanna read them (specifically by me because I did stuff in the war)

The Democratic States of Kistolia

Apple Landia wrote:You also might wanna read them (specifically by me because I did stuff in the war)

Ok, Iíll look through, any specifities I should know.

The Democratic States of Kistolia

Latvia and Saaremaa wrote:I've got 26million people with established Latvian military traditions

How much money do you have??

The Federal Republic of Foxomexra

Kistolia Apple Landia Maybe you two should discuss how you want this war to go in telegrams before proceeding? The RMB is kind of going all over the place with the back-and-forth.

The Federation of Apple Landia

Foxomexra wrote:Kistolia Apple Landia Maybe you two should discuss how you want this war to go in telegrams before proceeding? The RMB is kind of going all over the place with the back-and-forth.

Got you fam



The National Socialist Empire of Hadian

Foxomexra wrote:Friendly neighbourhood map guy just here to remind everyone that there is no land in either pole. If you claim to be mining for resources, just be aware that you are currently digging into a glacier. In that glacier you will find the following resources:

Ice.

Have a nice day everyone :D

That is not to say eatablishing research bases is impossible btw, but any permenant structures are not really feasible.

OOC: Hadian's government believes in Hyperborea, a fictional land, that Hadian government believes they'll find it or evidence of it in the Arctic. This is mostly due to Hadian's religious dogma. They believe they are decedents of a God race of humans that once lived in Hyperborea. So, they are actually doing research but also ensure heavy military presence is the region.

Resources, if any, is purely for the connection to the God race of humans and finding ancient viruses DNA. Hadian been harvesting ice cores to study the data. Like the pithovirus found in Siberia in a ice core. Hadian is attempting to find such viruses DNA to weaponize for themselves.

The Federal Republic of Foxomexra

Hadian wrote:OOC: Hadian's government believes in Hyperborea, a fictional land, that Hadian government believes they'll find it or evidence of it in the Arctic. This is mostly due to Hadian's religious dogma. They believe they are decedents of a God race of humans that once lived in Hyperborea. So, they are actually doing research but also ensure heavy military presence is the region.

Resources, if any, is purely for the connection to the God race of humans and finding ancient viruses DNA. Hadian been harvesting ice cores to study the data. Like the pithovirus found in Siberia in a ice core. Hadian is attempting to find such viruses DNA to weaponize for themselves.

Well I am saying, OOC, that there are no resources because there are just glaciers.

The National Socialist Empire of Hadian

Valcouria wrote:The Imperial Government is welcoming of the establishment of relations, however this should not be construed as being in support of the Hadian Government's current policies in the arctic at this time.

The Hadian Juche News Network
Breaking News!
Our beloved God-Emperor Jon and the Hadian Imperial Advisory has reached out to Valcouria to establish diplomatic relations. The great and most loved Hadian government is aranging accommodation for the Valcourian diplomats arriving. Our beloved God-Emperor see this as a critical importance to the people of Juche Empire.

The National Socialist Empire of Hadian

Foxomexra wrote:Well I am saying, OOC, that there are no resources because there are just glaciers.

OOC: Hadian is absolutely insane and absolutely believe in their religious faith known as Hadianism. So, like others stated let him have his ice cubes. They just taking ice cores to study.



The National Socialist Empire of Hadian

Latvia and Saaremaa wrote:That bit was for Hadian

OOC: You can denounce Hadian all you like but my current events have not be consented to anyone yet. The only nation I reached out to was Valcouria.



The Federation of Halsuntria

Apple Landia wrote:Funny, my army of 2 million soldiers is double BOTH of yours and Kistoliaís armies combined. Iím also recruiting more each day, fight me I dare you.

Again, so much for realism. ALSO, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS. IF YOURE GOING TO ARGUE ABOUT STUFF THAT CAN BE DONE IN TELEGRAMS. DO IT IN THE TELEGRAMS. By you spamming the RMB, you ruin part of the the fun of Anteria and thatís not very poggers. >:(

The Oppressed Peoples of Latvia and Saaremaa

Kentalis wrote:Alright, to avoid people spamming, I'm going to say some things myself.

Latvia and Saaremaa. Mate, 800,000 soldiers aren't realistic, especially not for an army which, as far as I can see, has no unstable neighbours. Why is your government spending so much? There is no good reason.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Kistolia wrote:How much money do you have??

I've got 2.24 trillion Lats and the reason I have such a large standing army is because these reasons:

1: The army is a well paid job
2: I need to be prepared if somebody unstable like Nicersdah invades me
3: Many people stay in the army
4: Many people want to join the army
5: I've got a lot of money for such a standing army

«12. . .769770771772773774775. . .842843»