The Embassy Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .590591592593594595596. . .604605»
LodgedFromMessages

via Institute of Cellulose

The Interstellar Democrat Union of Joeanian Republic

via The Cult of PCHS

The Grand Diarchic Principality of The Democratic Unionist Cool Kids

Rest In Peace to the honorable HRH Philip Mountbatten, Prince Consort of the United Kingdom, Husband of Queen Elizabeth II, and Duke of Edinburgh (He was forced to abdicate some of his titles, which were Prince of Denmark, and Prince of Greece). God Save The Queen. 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿



The Dirty but Lucrative Affairs of A Goblinoid Merchant

Jacrovnia wrote:I figured that there should be a confirmation check, but only if your current region is password-protected. That way, it doesn't affect R/D, and it prevents the really bad incidents like Slobbovia's. Thoughts?

Sail Nation Travellers wrote:The mods (mainly [violet], one of the site admins), are generally opposed to working in this feature. It has been suggested in the forums before, but it has been effectively rejected. This is because people keep asking for confirmation checks on pretty much anything, and there is as much opposition to these features as there is people calling for it (some people can find it frustrating to click 'confirm' when answering issues, for example). It would have backlash from the R/D community, so that wouldn't help.

Personally, I think that all non-reversible actions should have an option to have confirmation checks on them. This means that if you are worried about accidentally moving regions, you can take measures to prevent accidental moves. Or if you are worried about clicking the wrong option on issues. It can also be for stuff such as discarding cards - while card farmers might discard dozens of common cards, accidentally discarding a legendary can be disheartening.

Hey, but wait! For issues you can actually choose if you want to confirm an answer first or not. It is an option you can set under your settings. So that would be perfect. Raiders/defenders can deactivate it, and other can choose to go with the "confirm option".

However, now that I wrote this: issues affect your nation only, while moving between regions also affects the regions, so maybe that is a whole new level of code to be programmed.

Edit: What Jacrovnia suggests would be at least something. But I find these accidental movements generally annoying. So I'm totally for (optional) confirmation checks.

The Kingdom of Jacrovnia

The Democratic Unionist Cool Kids wrote:Rest In Peace to the honorable HRH Philip Mountbatten, Prince Consort of the United Kingdom, Husband of Queen Elizabeth II, and Duke of Edinburgh (He was forced to abdicate some of his titles, which were Prince of Denmark, and Prince of Greece). God Save The Queen. 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Don't forget Prince Consort of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, Jamaica, the Bahamas, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu.

The Kingdom of Jacrovnia

Embassy Report for 04-09-2021 Major
Embassies Before Update: 1958
Embassies After Update: 1977
Okay, I wasn't expecting that!

via Krasnaya

The Most something of Miksie

via The Union of Socialist Nations United

The United Socialist States of Great suvinsin

via Unieae

The Sami Confederation of Vest-Skandinavia

Sad Funfact, Fredonia have more embassies than Embassy

via 504 Rue de Davide Biale

The Dictatorship of Duchess Imelda Narcissa de Polnareff

Great suvinsin wrote:Is anyone here a socialist nation?

The Greater Gothic Empire considered itself a socialist state - but of the non-Marxist, non-social democratic, non-libertarian variety.

The Democratic Unionist Cool Kids wrote:Rest In Peace to the honorable HRH Philip Mountbatten, Prince Consort of the United Kingdom, Husband of Queen Elizabeth II, and Duke of Edinburgh (He was forced to abdicate some of his titles, which were Prince of Denmark, and Prince of Greece). God Save The Queen. 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

And may the Lord God remember him in His Kingdom, both now and for ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

The Kingdom of Jacrovnia

Vest-Skandinavia wrote:Sad Funfact, Fredonia have more embassies than Embassy

Not for long...

via Unieae

The Sami Confederation of Vest-Skandinavia

Jacrovnia wrote:Not for long...

not for long...

The Kingdom of Jacrovnia

Embassy Report for 04-10-2021 Minor
Embassies Before Update: 1977
Embassies After Update: 1983
Don't get your hopes up when it comes to future updates, they don't look great.

via Unieae

The Sami Confederation of Vest-Skandinavia

Jacrovnia wrote:Embassy Report for 04-10-2021 Minor
Embassies Before Update: 1977
Embassies After Update: 1983
Don't get your hopes up when it comes to future updates, they don't look great.

for me big update is 10 embassies more, bc people, history.

Show

Post by Vest-Skandinavia suppressed by Jacrovnia.

via Hiyamashu

The People's Republic of ProspeRUS happyland

Just a reminder!
You guys are doing great and we are all grateful to you for all that you have been doing!
Lots of love!



The Oppressed Peoples of Lower Slobbovia

Sail Nation Travellers wrote:The mods (mainly [violet], one of the site admins), are generally opposed to working in this feature. It has been suggested in the forums before, but it has been effectively rejected. This is because people keep asking for confirmation checks on pretty much anything, and there is as much opposition to these features as there is people calling for it (some people can find it frustrating to click 'confirm' when answering issues, for example). It would have backlash from the R/D community, so that wouldn't help.

Personally, I think that all non-reversible actions should have an option to have confirmation checks on them. This means that if you are worried about accidentally moving regions, you can take measures to prevent accidental moves. Or if you are worried about clicking the wrong option on issues. It can also be for stuff such as discarding cards - while card farmers might discard dozens of common cards, accidentally discarding a legendary can be disheartening.

I think that there is a confirmation before junking the higher level cards. Perhaps it is the default, but I know that I have been saved by it a few times. As for accidentally hitting the move to region button, since there is no cure for fat-fingers, I am trying to send all of the embassy invitations to the new regions out of “landscape” I stead of “profile” windows on my smart phone which puts the page-back at the top instead of next to the change region button at the bottom of the page.

Great suvinsin wrote:Is anyone here a socialist nation?

We may be considered as socialists.

The Kingdom of Jacrovnia

Vest-Skandinavia wrote:for me big update is 10 embassies more, bc people, history.

You accidentally posted your message twice.

Lower Slobbovia wrote:I think that there is a confirmation before junking the higher level cards. Perhaps it is the default, but I know that I have been saved by it a few times. As for accidentally hitting the move to region button, since there is no cure for fat-fingers, I am trying to send all of the embassy invitations to the new regions out of “landscape” I stead of “profile” windows on my smart phone which puts the page-back at the top instead of next to the change region button at the bottom of the page.

Indeed, the confirmation is for rare-level cards and above.

The Kingdom of Jacrovnia

Embassy Report for 04-10-2021 Major
Embassies Before Update: 1983
Embassies After Update: 1986
*insert somewhat funny comment here*

via Unieae

The Sami Confederation of Vest-Skandinavia

Jacrovnia wrote:You accidentally posted your message twice.

yeah 🙄🙄

via The Vincence Empire

The German Empire of The Socialist Republic of Alaska

via The sunken isles of rentais

The Democratic Republic of Loigs


via Gaming Town

The 🔫🤡Reality Fears Me of Federation of Sarawak

Hi, do you USAian have a holiday or something lately?

The Oppressed Peoples of Lower Slobbovia

Federation of Sarawak wrote:Hi, do you USAian have a holiday or something lately?

The Holy Month of Ramadan starts on Tuesday. Is that the holiday of which you are thinking?



via Gaming Town

The 🔫🤡Reality Fears Me of Federation of Sarawak

Lower Slobbovia wrote:The Holy Month of Ramadan starts on Tuesday. Is that the holiday of which you are thinking?

Is that a cause why the raiders been a bit too active lately? I'm just confused though.

The Oppressed Peoples of Lower Slobbovia

Federation of Sarawak wrote:Is that a cause why the raiders been a bit too active lately? I'm just confused though.

I doubt that Ramadan has any significant influence over the playing of NationStates.

«12. . .590591592593594595596. . .604605»