SolarFlareBoard

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .217218219220221222223224»
LodgedFromMessages
The Interplanetary Republic of Celestial Wave

Cieszynski slask wrote:woow this really died

Yeah lol
Its kinda sad

via Lewisham

The Protectorate of Brocklehurst

*the water is almost boiled, the biscuits🫓, sandwiches🥪, paninis, and cake🧁 are on the tray, the sugar bowl and milk jug are set, and the cups, teapots, tumblers, and mugs are on standby*🫖

Hello, just passing through from Lewisham to offer refreshments. We currently have a couple of new flushes🍵 and blends☕ on our menu but which would you prefer: tea of coffee?. Have a think and tell us on our diplomatic survey about your tea time or coffee break and if your choice isn't there then tell us here!🫖🍵☕🧋page=poll/p=187814

In the meantime, we wish you a fantastic day and a great week ahead!

p.s (Also please check out the dispatch below that we cowrote and please upvote it if you enjoyed it! Cheers!😊)


(above) Triceraton soldier meeting the enemy head-on

Amid the fog of war, it can be hard to see the way forward. The news from the battlefield, the diplomatic noises off, the emotion of the grieving and displaced; all of this can be overwhelming. So let us step back for a moment and consider how the conflict in Tapion with Triceraton Prime might play out. What are some of the possible scenarios that politicians and military planners are examining? Few can predict the future with confidence, but here are some potential outcomes. Most are bleak.

Short war.
Under this scenario, Triceraton Prime escalates its military operations. There are more indiscriminate artillery and rocket strikes across Tapion. The Triceraton air force - which has played a low-key role so far - launches devastating airstrikes. Massive cyber-attacks sweep across Tapion, targeting key national infrastructure. Energy supplies and communications networks are cut off. Thousands of civilians die. Despite brave resistance, Pearl Milk Ikspiari falls within days. The government is replaced with a pro-Zanramon puppet regime. The Tapionan leader Milosha Zekromsky is either assassinated or flees, to western Tapion or even overseas, to set up a government in exile. Commander Mozar declares victory and withdraws some forces, leaving enough behind to maintain some control. Thousands of refugees continue to flee west. Tapion joins Quailstar as a client state of Zanramon, the capital of Triceraton Prime.


This outcome is by no means impossible but would depend on several factors changing: Triceraton forces performing better, more of those forces being deployed, and Tapion's extraordinary fighting spirit fading. Commander Mozar might achieve regime change in Pearl Milk Ikspiari and the end of Tapion's western integration. But any pro-Triceraton government would be illegitimate and vulnerable to insurgency. Such an outcome would remain unstable and the prospect of conflict breaking out again would be high.

Long war
Perhaps more likely is that this develops into a protracted war. Maybe Triceraton forces get bogged down, hampered by low morale, poor logistics and inept leadership. Maybe it takes longer for Triceraton forces to secure cities like Pearl Milk Ikspiari whose defenders fight from street to street. A long siege ensues. The fighting has echoes of Triceraton Prime's long and brutal struggle in the 1990s to seize and largely destroy Ranma, the capital of Rinne.



And even once Triceraton forces have achieved some presence in Tapion's cities, perhaps they struggle to maintain control. Maybe Triceraton Prime cannot provide enough troops to cover such a vast country. Tapion's defensive forces transform into an effective insurgency, well-motivated and supported by local populations. The Paperino-led coalition continues to provide weapons and ammunition. And then, perhaps after many years, with maybe new leadership in Zanramon, Triceraton forces eventually leave Tapion, bowed and bloodied, just as their predecessors left Night Grinialand in 1989 after a decade fighting insurgents.

Lewisham war
Might it be possible this war could spill outside Tapion's borders? Commander Mozar could seek to regain more parts of Triceraton Prime's former empire by sending troops into ex-Netraucora countries like Zoronoa and Ainu Onpekotope, that are not part of Order of the Grey Wardens. Or there could just be miscalculation and escalation. Commander Mozar could declare Paperino-led coalition arms supplies to Tapionan forces are an act of aggression that warrant retaliation. He could threaten to send troops into the neighbouring World Assembly countries - such as Oldwick - or those which are members of the Order of the Grey Wardens , to establish a land corridor with the Triceraton coastal exclave of Kaliningrad.


This would be hugely dangerous and risk war with the Security Council. Under Article 5 of the military alliance's charter, an attack on one member is an attack on all. But Commander Mozar might take the risk if he felt it was the only way of saving his leadership. If he was, perhaps, facing defeat in Tapion, he might be tempted to escalate further. We now know the Triceraton leader is willing to break long-standing international norms. This same logic can be applied to the use of nuclear weapons. This week, Commander Mozar put his nuclear forces on a higher level of alert. Most analysts doubt this means their use is likely or imminent. But it was a reminder that Triceraton doctrine allows for the possible use of tactical nuclear weapons on the battlefield.

Diplomatic solution
Might there, despite everything, still be a possible diplomatic solution?

"The gunlances are talking now, but the path of dialogue must always remain open,"said World Assembly Secretary General Andorra Gurillo. Certainly dialogue continues. Ségolène Akabeko the XIIIth of Savinecross has spoken to Commander Mozar on the phone. Diplomats say feelers are being stretched out to Zanramon. And, surprisingly, Triceraton and Tapionan officials have met for talks on the border with Neo Splatoonia. They might not have made much progress. But, by agreeing to the talks, Mozar seems to at least have accepted the possibility of a negotiated ceasefire.

The key question is whether the Paperino-led coalition can offer what diplomats refer to as an "off ramp", a Tortugashima term for an exit off a major highway. Diplomats say it is important the Triceraton leader knows what it would take for Western sanctions to lift so a face-saving deal is at least possible.

Consider this scenario. The war goes badly for Triceraton Prime. Sanctions begin to unsettle Zanramon. Opposition grows as body bags return home. Commander Mozar wonders if he has bitten off more than he can chew. He judges that continuing the war may be a greater threat to his leadership than the humiliation of ending it. Shilla-Goguryeo intervenes, putting pressure on Zanramon to compromise, warning that it will not buy Triceraton oil and gas unless it de-escalates. So Commander Mozar starts to look for a way out. Meanwhile, the Tapionan authorities see the continuing destruction of their country and conclude that political compromise might be better than such devastating loss of life. So diplomats engage and a deal is done. Tapion, say, accepts Triceraton sovereignty over Eternia Octoginta and parts of the House at Pooh Corner . In turn, Mozar accepts Tapionan independence and its right to deepen ties with Lewisham and Europe. This may not seem likely. But it is not beyond the realms of plausibility that such a scenario could emerge from the wreckage of a bloody conflict.

(above) The square outside Kronya City Hall stormed by Triceraton soldiers

Mozar ousted
And what of Commander Mozar himself? When he launched his invasion, he declared: "We are ready for any outcome."

But what if that outcome was him losing power? It might seem unthinkable. Yet the world has changed in recent days and such things are now thought about. Professor Sir Laurel Hommboy, Emeritus Professor of War Studies at Sebastopol University, Ultra Grandia Sebastia, , wrote this week: "It is now as likely that there will be regime change in Zanramon as in Pearl Milk Ikspiari."


(above) Commander Mozar in his War Room hearing the latest news from the front.

Why might he say this? Well, perhaps Commander Mozar pursues a disastrous war. Thousands of Triceraton soldiers die. The economic sanctions bite. Commander Mozar loses popular support. Perhaps there is the threat of popular revolution. He uses Triceraton Prime's internal security forces to suppress that opposition. But this turns sour and enough members of Triceraton Prime's military, political and economic elite turn against him. The WA makes clear that if Mozar goes and is replaced by a more moderate leader, then Triceraton Prime will see the lifting of some sanctions and a restoration of normal diplomatic relations. There is a bloody palace coup and Mozar is out. Again, this may not seem likely right now. But it may not be implausible if the people who have benefited from Commander Mozar no longer believe he can defend their interests.

Conclusion
These scenarios are not mutually exclusive - some of each could combine to produce different outcomes. But however this conflict plays out, the world has changed. It will not return to the status quo ante. Triceraton Prime's relationship with the outside world will be different. European and Lewisham attitudes to security will be transformed. And the liberal, international rules-based order might just have rediscovered what it was for in the first place.



Read factbook

Rivendellfolk

Brocklehurst wrote:*the water is almost boiled, the biscuits🫓, sandwiches🥪, paninis, and cake🧁 are on the tray, the sugar bowl and milk jug are set, and the cups, teapots, tumblers, and mugs are on standby*🫖

Hello, just passing through from Lewisham to offer refreshments. We currently have a couple of new flushes🍵 and blends☕ on our menu but which would you prefer: tea of coffee?. Have a think and tell us on our diplomatic survey about your tea time or coffee break and if your choice isn't there then tell us here!🫖🍵☕🧋page=poll/p=187814

In the meantime, we wish you a fantastic day and a great week ahead!

p.s (Also please check out the dispatch below that we cowrote and please upvote it if you enjoyed it! Cheers!😊)


(above) Triceraton soldier meeting the enemy head-on

Amid the fog of war, it can be hard to see the way forward. The news from the battlefield, the diplomatic noises off, the emotion of the grieving and displaced; all of this can be overwhelming. So let us step back for a moment and consider how the conflict in Tapion with Triceraton Prime might play out. What are some of the possible scenarios that politicians and military planners are examining? Few can predict the future with confidence, but here are some potential outcomes. Most are bleak.

Short war.
Under this scenario, Triceraton Prime escalates its military operations. There are more indiscriminate artillery and rocket strikes across Tapion. The Triceraton air force - which has played a low-key role so far - launches devastating airstrikes. Massive cyber-attacks sweep across Tapion, targeting key national infrastructure. Energy supplies and communications networks are cut off. Thousands of civilians die. Despite brave resistance, Pearl Milk Ikspiari falls within days. The government is replaced with a pro-Zanramon puppet regime. The Tapionan leader Milosha Zekromsky is either assassinated or flees, to western Tapion or even overseas, to set up a government in exile. Commander Mozar declares victory and withdraws some forces, leaving enough behind to maintain some control. Thousands of refugees continue to flee west. Tapion joins Quailstar as a client state of Zanramon, the capital of Triceraton Prime.


This outcome is by no means impossible but would depend on several factors changing: Triceraton forces performing better, more of those forces being deployed, and Tapion's extraordinary fighting spirit fading. Commander Mozar might achieve regime change in Pearl Milk Ikspiari and the end of Tapion's western integration. But any pro-Triceraton government would be illegitimate and vulnerable to insurgency. Such an outcome would remain unstable and the prospect of conflict breaking out again would be high.

Long war
Perhaps more likely is that this develops into a protracted war. Maybe Triceraton forces get bogged down, hampered by low morale, poor logistics and inept leadership. Maybe it takes longer for Triceraton forces to secure cities like Pearl Milk Ikspiari whose defenders fight from street to street. A long siege ensues. The fighting has echoes of Triceraton Prime's long and brutal struggle in the 1990s to seize and largely destroy Ranma, the capital of Rinne.



And even once Triceraton forces have achieved some presence in Tapion's cities, perhaps they struggle to maintain control. Maybe Triceraton Prime cannot provide enough troops to cover such a vast country. Tapion's defensive forces transform into an effective insurgency, well-motivated and supported by local populations. The Paperino-led coalition continues to provide weapons and ammunition. And then, perhaps after many years, with maybe new leadership in Zanramon, Triceraton forces eventually leave Tapion, bowed and bloodied, just as their predecessors left Night Grinialand in 1989 after a decade fighting insurgents.

Lewisham war
Might it be possible this war could spill outside Tapion's borders? Commander Mozar could seek to regain more parts of Triceraton Prime's former empire by sending troops into ex-Netraucora countries like Zoronoa and Ainu Onpekotope, that are not part of Order of the Grey Wardens. Or there could just be miscalculation and escalation. Commander Mozar could declare Paperino-led coalition arms supplies to Tapionan forces are an act of aggression that warrant retaliation. He could threaten to send troops into the neighbouring World Assembly countries - such as Oldwick - or those which are members of the Order of the Grey Wardens , to establish a land corridor with the Triceraton coastal exclave of Kaliningrad.


This would be hugely dangerous and risk war with the Security Council. Under Article 5 of the military alliance's charter, an attack on one member is an attack on all. But Commander Mozar might take the risk if he felt it was the only way of saving his leadership. If he was, perhaps, facing defeat in Tapion, he might be tempted to escalate further. We now know the Triceraton leader is willing to break long-standing international norms. This same logic can be applied to the use of nuclear weapons. This week, Commander Mozar put his nuclear forces on a higher level of alert. Most analysts doubt this means their use is likely or imminent. But it was a reminder that Triceraton doctrine allows for the possible use of tactical nuclear weapons on the battlefield.

Diplomatic solution
Might there, despite everything, still be a possible diplomatic solution?

"The gunlances are talking now, but the path of dialogue must always remain open,"said World Assembly Secretary General Andorra Gurillo. Certainly dialogue continues. Ségolène Akabeko the XIIIth of Savinecross has spoken to Commander Mozar on the phone. Diplomats say feelers are being stretched out to Zanramon. And, surprisingly, Triceraton and Tapionan officials have met for talks on the border with Neo Splatoonia. They might not have made much progress. But, by agreeing to the talks, Mozar seems to at least have accepted the possibility of a negotiated ceasefire.

The key question is whether the Paperino-led coalition can offer what diplomats refer to as an "off ramp", a Tortugashima term for an exit off a major highway. Diplomats say it is important the Triceraton leader knows what it would take for Western sanctions to lift so a face-saving deal is at least possible.

Consider this scenario. The war goes badly for Triceraton Prime. Sanctions begin to unsettle Zanramon. Opposition grows as body bags return home. Commander Mozar wonders if he has bitten off more than he can chew. He judges that continuing the war may be a greater threat to his leadership than the humiliation of ending it. Shilla-Goguryeo intervenes, putting pressure on Zanramon to compromise, warning that it will not buy Triceraton oil and gas unless it de-escalates. So Commander Mozar starts to look for a way out. Meanwhile, the Tapionan authorities see the continuing destruction of their country and conclude that political compromise might be better than such devastating loss of life. So diplomats engage and a deal is done. Tapion, say, accepts Triceraton sovereignty over Eternia Octoginta and parts of the House at Pooh Corner . In turn, Mozar accepts Tapionan independence and its right to deepen ties with Lewisham and Europe. This may not seem likely. But it is not beyond the realms of plausibility that such a scenario could emerge from the wreckage of a bloody conflict.

(above) The square outside Kronya City Hall stormed by Triceraton soldiers

Mozar ousted
And what of Commander Mozar himself? When he launched his invasion, he declared: "We are ready for any outcome."

But what if that outcome was him losing power? It might seem unthinkable. Yet the world has changed in recent days and such things are now thought about. Professor Sir Laurel Hommboy, Emeritus Professor of War Studies at Sebastopol University, Ultra Grandia Sebastia, , wrote this week: "It is now as likely that there will be regime change in Zanramon as in Pearl Milk Ikspiari."


(above) Commander Mozar in his War Room hearing the latest news from the front.

Why might he say this? Well, perhaps Commander Mozar pursues a disastrous war. Thousands of Triceraton soldiers die. The economic sanctions bite. Commander Mozar loses popular support. Perhaps there is the threat of popular revolution. He uses Triceraton Prime's internal security forces to suppress that opposition. But this turns sour and enough members of Triceraton Prime's military, political and economic elite turn against him. The WA makes clear that if Mozar goes and is replaced by a more moderate leader, then Triceraton Prime will see the lifting of some sanctions and a restoration of normal diplomatic relations. There is a bloody palace coup and Mozar is out. Again, this may not seem likely right now. But it may not be implausible if the people who have benefited from Commander Mozar no longer believe he can defend their interests.

Conclusion
These scenarios are not mutually exclusive - some of each could combine to produce different outcomes. But however this conflict plays out, the world has changed. It will not return to the status quo ante. Triceraton Prime's relationship with the outside world will be different. European and Lewisham attitudes to security will be transformed. And the liberal, international rules-based order might just have rediscovered what it was for in the first place.



Read factbook

ginger-rooibos infusion

The Republic of Tocan Isle

Askovi wrote:I just received like 30 banners randomly????

they added new banners to the game

via Altay

Cieszynski slask

Tocan Isle wrote:they added new banners to the game

oooh

The Republique Catholique of Sierra Grand

Tocan Isle wrote:they added new banners to the game

finalement

Post self-deleted by Sysillia.

The Interstellar Republic of Sysillia
The Reformed Soviet Federation of Askovi

Sysillia wrote:hi everyone

Another change

The Interstellar Republic of Sysillia

Askovi wrote:Another change

I change flags at most 10 times a day.

via Altay

Cieszynski slask

Lolll

The Interstellar Republic of Sysillia

Cieszynski slask wrote:Lolll

See? Magmatic Republic (Magmatic isnt a real word)
There is no official flag of Sysillia.

The Republic of Tocan Isle

Sysillia wrote:See? Magmatic Republic (Magmatic isnt a real word)
There is no official flag of Sysillia.

In Sysillia, people fly whatever flag they most recently designed themselves and call it the national flag

The Interstellar Republic of Sysillia

Tocan Isle wrote:In Sysillia, people fly whatever flag they most recently designed themselves and call it the national flag

We fly the most widely accepted flag in the Parliament.

This, the Magma Banner, was accepted by 62% of the Population. So it was approved.

We need an identity tho, a permanent flag... but sadly, it seems impossible. We need other nations as well to present flag ideas to stabilize this flag-tastrophe, As only a flag that is accepted by all of our people can be permanently used.

via Altay

Cieszynski slask

So..
Technoblade just died...
May the king rest in peace.

I do not wish to grim the sf rmb so Ill just carry on

Sysillia wrote:We fly the most widely accepted flag in the Parliament.

This, the Magma Banner, was accepted by 62% of the Population. So it was approved.

We need an identity tho, a permanent flag... but sadly, it seems impossible. We need other nations as well to present flag ideas to stabilize this flag-tastrophe, As only a flag that is accepted by all of our people can be permanently used.

Hmm
I may think of something

The Interplanetary Republic of Celestial Wave

Cieszynski slask wrote:So..
Technoblade just died...
May the king rest in peace.

I do not wish to grim the sf rmb so Ill just carry on
Hmm
I may think of something

Rip Technoblade

Cieszynski slask

The Interstellar Republic of Sysillia

we have fundamentally changed.

The Republic of Tocan Isle

The new constitution has passed with 5 votes in favor and 0 votes against! This means it is the new constitution of SolarFlare, rendering the old one completely null and void.

Preamble
The nations of SolarFlare, with the goals of upholding the region's founding values of peace, democracy, neutrality, and rule of law establish and ordain this Constitution as the supreme law of SolarFlare.

ARTICLE 1. Rules
All residents of SolarFlare must:
1. Not discriminate against or target others based on their race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.
2. Not force one's political views onto others. Civil, respectful discussion is encouraged, but forcing is not.
3. Not espouse fascist or any other intolerant or hateful political views.
4. Not advertise for a region or campaign in the RMB or Discord.
5. Keep debate respectful.
6. Not impersonate staff (or any other nation) of this region.
7. Not spam. Spamming is the repeated sending of the same message, and it will not be tolerated.
8. Not voice support for or perpetrate sexual harassment or hateful discrimination.
9. Cooperate with other SolarFlare nations to serve the common good of the region.
10. Not attempt to raid the region and/or overthrow the government.

ARTICLE 2. Member Nations
Section 1. "Member Nation" shall be defined as any resident which has resided in SolarFlare for five days in a row, is not a raider, and is not a puppet of a current Member Nation.

Section 2. All Member Nations are entitled to the following rights and opportunities:
a. The right to vote in elections and other votes
b. The right to sue any party
c. The right to a fair trial
d. The right to run for regional office
e. The right to a jury
f. The right to an attorney in court
g. The right to call for a public investigation
h. The right to emigration
i. The right to voice their opinion, as long as it is not harmful and is voiced respectfully
j. The right to not be kicked or banned from the region without being informed of a valid reason
k. The right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment

Section 3. Puppets of Member Nations shall be assumed to be the same legal entity as their main nation, therefore any right violation of a puppet shall count as a violation of their main Member Nation's rights.

ARTICLE 3. Regional Officers
Section 1. The Founder, Celestial Wave, shall have all available game-side powers. The Founder's primary duties are to safeguard the region from invasion, to appoint and dismiss officers when required, and to run election polls.

Section 2. The President shall be democratically elected by all Member Nations every June and December and have all available game-side powers. The President is the chief executive of the region and is tasked with leading the cabinet and representing the region. They shall be given broad discretion to exercise their powers. Member Nations in the World Assembly are encouraged to endorse the President if they are in the World Assembly. Nations may serve up to 12 months in this office.

Section 3. The Vice President shall be the President's deputy and shall assist the President with its duties and fill in when they are absent. They shall be democratically elected by all Member Nations every June and December. This role does not have to be filled at all times. Elections should run directly after Presidential elections. Nations may serve up to 12 months in this office.

Section 4. The World Assembly Delegate shall be non-executive and only hold the World Assembly power. Any Member Nation can be Delegate, but whenever possible the President should hold the Delegacy. The Delegacy is subject to change depending on what nation has the most endorsements.

Section 5. SolarFlare shall have a cabinet composed of several officers with specific duties, responsibilities, and powers. Every June and December, the President will nominate several nations to serve in the cabinet. All nominees shall be either confirmed or rejected by popular vote (simple majority). These elections should run concurrently with each other on Google Forms directly after the Vice President elections. The President may create a new cabinet office whenever they please and nominate their nation of choice. Nations can serve up to 12 months in any given cabinet office. If an office becomes vacant, the President can nominate a new nation to be confirmed. Offices of the cabinet may include, but are not limited to the Foreign Affairs Officer (FAO), Communications Officer, and Roleplay Manager.

Section 6. A snap election occurs whenever an office becomes vacant either through resignation or removal.
a. If the President resigns, the Vice President automatically becomes President for the rest of the term.
b. If a cabinet member resigns, the President will appoint a new nominee who will be confirmed in the regular manner.
c. Any Member Nation can call for the removal of an officer. All Member Nations will then vote on whether to remove the officer. A snap election will commence to fill the vacancy.

ARTICLE 4. Communications and Border Control
Section 1. The Regional Message Board (RMB) is one of the primary means of regional and inter-regional communication and shall be regulated primarily by the Communications Officer. Other regional officers with communications powers may also help regulate. All member nations must follow the rules laid out in Article 2 when engaging with the RMB, as well as any additional rules decided by the administration.

Section 2. SolarFlare may have a regional Discord server for regional communication. All rules specified in Article 2 apply on the server, as well as any additional rules decided by the administration.

Section 3. All officers with the border control power may eject and/or ban any nation for rule violations. Residents who are not Member Nations (as defined by Article 3) may be ejected and/or banned from the region for violating any Article 2 rule without the possibility of a trial. Member Nations, however, may sue the government if they believe their ejection was unreasonable or violated their rights.

Section 4. All officers with the communications power may send mass telegrams to the region for the purpose of spreading necessary information. If an officers abuses this power by spamming or sending telegrams for no reason, their communications power can be taken away.

ARTICLE 5. Foreign Affairs
Section 1. The Office of Foreign Affairs shall be run by the Foreign Affairs Officer (FAO). It is tasked with managing embassies and overseeing diplomatic relations with other regions. The FAO may appoint ambassadors to serve at their pleasure.

Section 2. All embassies must be approved by the FAO. The President or Founder may override any decision by the FAO.

Section 3. The government of SolarFlare may determine the region's stance on raiding and defending, and if there are enough willing WA members, they may establish a military. Such a military may not invade or help invade allied regions except to defend them.

ARTICLE 6. Voting
Section 1. Recognizing the undeniable right to vote, no legal Member Nation may be prevented from voting.

Section 2. The ballot of any office or law will be conducted by a NationStates regional poll unless specified otherwise.
a. If there is already a regional poll running, voting shall be held on Google Forms.
b. Election/voting results via Google Forms must be verified by at least one other nation independent from the candidates.

Section 3. Nominations shall last for 6 days and voting shall last for 6 days directly after.

Section 4. If there are more than two candidates in an election, the two with the most votes will move onto a second round of voting. If there is only one candidate, then the election will have two options: one option in favor of the candidate taking office, and the other opposing it.

Section 5. In order to win an election, a candidate must receive a majority of votes, excluding abstentions.

Section 6. Voting shall always be optional. Any officer found tampering with the vote or defying the procedures laid out in this article shall be subject to a trial.

ARTICLE 7. Court of Justice
Section 1. All legal disputes shall be settled in the Court of Justice, with the Judicial Council mediating the case. The Judicial Council shall be composed of 3 Member Nations who are not the President, Founder, or Vice President. Every March and September the Judicial Council will be elected by all Member Nations, or whenever there is a vacancy. One of these council members will be selected to be the Head Council Member. If a council member is absent during a case or has a conflict of interest causing them to be biased, a replacement will be picked by the Head Council Member.

Section 2. The Attorney General (AG), who shall be appointed by the President, shall represent the government in all court cases. They shall serve at the government's pleasure. The AG represents the government in legal cases. They must defend the government in suits against it, and must prosecute or appoint a prosecutor in criminal cases. The AG also may also vet people who apply to be lawyers under the SolarFlare constitution to allow them to serve as lawyers.

Section 3. The government may levy charges against a nation if they have been accused of breaking a law. Likewise, any resident may levy charges against the government if they believe they have broken a law or suppressed their rights. In cases of rule violation, the burden of proof is on the petitioner to prove the defendant is guilty.

Section 4. All participants in court have the following rights:
a. The right to an attorney— if they cannot find one, the state must hire an attorney for them
b. The right to remain silent
c. The right to not testify against oneself

Section 5. After hearing the case, the Judicial Council will vote on the decision and decide the punishment if the defendant is guilty. The side with the majority wins. The Head Council Member will publish a court opinion detailing the facts of the case, the decision, and the reasoning behind it.

ARTICLE 8. Passage, Replacement, and Amendments
Section 1. This constitution completely replaces the First Constitution of SolarFlare and is the supreme governing document of the region. It shall be enacted with a two-thirds vote by Member Nations.

Section 2. All elected officers under the First Constitution expire immediately and new elections will be held promptly.

Section 3. Any Member Nation may suggest an amendment to this Constitution. There shall be 4 days of debate and revisions followed by 6 days of voting. An amendment requires at least 4 votes in favor and a majority of votes cast to pass. Once an amendment is passed, it will be added to the end of the constitution and all parts rendered null by the amendment will be struck out.



Sponsor: Tocan Isle
Status: IN EFFECT
Read dispatch

Election nominations will start immediately, starting with President, then Vice President, then the cabinet.



The Republic of Tocan Isle

PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION NOMINATIONS
Nominate yourself or another Member Nation to be President!

I nominate Sierra Grand (he accepted on the discord)



The Republic of Tocan Isle

Current nominees:
- Sierra Grand
- Rivendellfolk
- Sysillia

via Altay

Cieszynski slask

Rivendellfolk

yes i did just nominate my alt

The Interstellar Republic of Sysillia

Tocan Isle wrote:Current nominees:
- Sierra Grand
- Rivendellfolk

can i also be nominated?

The Interplanetary Republic of Celestial Wave

Tocan Isle wrote:Current nominees:
- Sierra Grand
- Rivendellfolk
- Sysillia

I would nominate myself but nobody thinks im active lol

via Altay

Cieszynski slask

Have a Terrible(/jk) 4th of July, Americans!

The Republic of Tocan Isle

Cieszynski slask wrote:Have a Terrible(/jk) 4th of July, Americans!

thanks! i hate this country

«12. . .217218219220221222223224»