Conch Kingdom Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .1,9301,9311,9321,9331,9341,9351,936. . .2,0202,021»
LodgedFromMessages
The Commie Republic of The Free City of Nelson

Duby wrote:Are you bullying my citizens Gondor!?

I am. you and your citizens are nerds.

The Dictatorship of Duby

The Free City of Nelson wrote:I am. you and your citizens are nerds.

Okay you baboon.

via Cape of Good Hope

United states of gondor

Hey, Conch Kingdom, I only need two more people to sign up for the Cross-Regional Roleplay between The Cape and Conch Kingdom. Please sign up!

Conch-Cape RolePlay

by United states of gondor

Introduction
Hello Capers and CKers, I'm here to tell you a fantastic opportunity to participate in a cross-regional Role Play between The Cape of Good Hope and Conch Kingdom. This dispatch is a basic guide and will help answer basic questions about what will (or won't) be happening in this Role Play, as well as lay down some basic rules that will promote fairness and keep the Role Play real(ish), but not preventing fun and imagination.

What is it?
This Role Play will be different than others that some of us may have be apart of (I know for people in The Cape it'll be different) rather in just going in and figuring out the story as we go; the story will be set with only two or three possible end outcomes. The choices that are made in the Role Play will determine which ending is reached.

The main backdrop of the Roleplay is a disease is running rampant through both The Cape and CK, killing millions and no cure in sight. The choices each person makes to combat this disease will directly influence the end outcome. There will be political turmoil, scientific breakthroughs, horrible symptoms, mutations, and potentially a world completely devoid of people (if the wrong ending is reached). Rather than being competitive and trying to outdo one another in finding the cure first, we're going to be cooperative and try to find it together.

Rules
This will be most unfamiliar to The Capers, but here are some basic rules that this Role Play will follow:

1- The tech levels will be limited to current technology, so no spaceships or hyper advanced medical technology (glances at the Cape, as Conch Kingdom is confused)

2- The characters will be realistic (so no super-powers, or apparent super humans that seem to survive anything thrown at them.)

3- No immediately 'accidentally' or 'spontaneously' finding the cure (as this is not fun)

4- Once the Role Play starts, no one else can join.

5- While I can almost guarantee many of us aren't medical majors, try to keep the science mostly in line with irl medical science. Just to add a sense of realism

6- You must be not banned from either CK or CGH to participate

7- The moderators will be Me, United states of gondor and Cle Brait

Set-Up
I hope that about 5 or 6 people from both the Cape and Conch Kingdom will want to participate. For a total of about 10-12 people. If more people join that is ok, and perfectly fine. I'm planning on the official start of the Role Play being in early March. (Exact date TBD)

What Disease Is It?
An interesting question was raised about what type of disease the RPers would be dealing with, I'm thinking a neurological disease. A neurological disease is a disease that attacks the nervous system, which is very bad: some irl neurological diseases and disorders include: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also called Lou Gehrig's Disease, Encephalitis, Myasthenia Gravis, and many more (also, feel free to look these up, they are really cool and disturbing) this will give everyone a good idea of what we will be dealing with. I may also craft a part of the disease that will affect the immune system, I'm just unsure as of right now.

Cape of Good Hope Participants
Ravinialand
United states of gondor
The Olivavan Union
North South North West Kansas
Aerlanica
Klyton

Conch Kingdom Participants
Kursibar
Liberto-Ancapistan
Suryadweep Islands
Socialist Platypus
Charville
Hockeyyekcoh
Cle Brait

Read dispatch

Lokore

Hi You Guys Have Any Tips From Conch Kingdom?

The Commie Republic of The Free City of Nelson

Lokore wrote:Hi You Guys Have Any Tips From Conch Kingdom?

honestly, as long as you're having fun, that's what matters. unless you're commiting a crime.... then you shouldn't be commiting the crime. unless it's arson in which case hmu I'll commit arson with you.

The Republic of Pervincia

United states of gondor wrote:Hey, Conch Kingdom, I only need two more people to sign up for the Cross-Regional Roleplay between The Cape and Conch Kingdom. Please sign up!

Conch-Cape RolePlay

by United states of gondor

Introduction
Hello Capers and CKers, I'm here to tell you a fantastic opportunity to participate in a cross-regional Role Play between The Cape of Good Hope and Conch Kingdom. This dispatch is a basic guide and will help answer basic questions about what will (or won't) be happening in this Role Play, as well as lay down some basic rules that will promote fairness and keep the Role Play real(ish), but not preventing fun and imagination.

What is it?
This Role Play will be different than others that some of us may have be apart of (I know for people in The Cape it'll be different) rather in just going in and figuring out the story as we go; the story will be set with only two or three possible end outcomes. The choices that are made in the Role Play will determine which ending is reached.

The main backdrop of the Roleplay is a disease is running rampant through both The Cape and CK, killing millions and no cure in sight. The choices each person makes to combat this disease will directly influence the end outcome. There will be political turmoil, scientific breakthroughs, horrible symptoms, mutations, and potentially a world completely devoid of people (if the wrong ending is reached). Rather than being competitive and trying to outdo one another in finding the cure first, we're going to be cooperative and try to find it together.

Rules
This will be most unfamiliar to The Capers, but here are some basic rules that this Role Play will follow:

1- The tech levels will be limited to current technology, so no spaceships or hyper advanced medical technology (glances at the Cape, as Conch Kingdom is confused)

2- The characters will be realistic (so no super-powers, or apparent super humans that seem to survive anything thrown at them.)

3- No immediately 'accidentally' or 'spontaneously' finding the cure (as this is not fun)

4- Once the Role Play starts, no one else can join.

5- While I can almost guarantee many of us aren't medical majors, try to keep the science mostly in line with irl medical science. Just to add a sense of realism

6- You must be not banned from either CK or CGH to participate

7- The moderators will be Me, United states of gondor and Cle Brait

Set-Up
I hope that about 5 or 6 people from both the Cape and Conch Kingdom will want to participate. For a total of about 10-12 people. If more people join that is ok, and perfectly fine. I'm planning on the official start of the Role Play being in early March. (Exact date TBD)

What Disease Is It?
An interesting question was raised about what type of disease the RPers would be dealing with, I'm thinking a neurological disease. A neurological disease is a disease that attacks the nervous system, which is very bad: some irl neurological diseases and disorders include: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also called Lou Gehrig's Disease, Encephalitis, Myasthenia Gravis, and many more (also, feel free to look these up, they are really cool and disturbing) this will give everyone a good idea of what we will be dealing with. I may also craft a part of the disease that will affect the immune system, I'm just unsure as of right now.

Cape of Good Hope Participants
Ravinialand
United states of gondor
The Olivavan Union
North South North West Kansas
Aerlanica
Klyton

Conch Kingdom Participants
Kursibar
Liberto-Ancapistan
Suryadweep Islands
Socialist Platypus
Charville
Hockeyyekcoh
Cle Brait

Read dispatch

Where's it gonna happen? I asked this a while ago and was told it wasn't decided.

via Cape of Good Hope

United states of gondor

Pervincia wrote:Where's it gonna happen? I asked this a while ago and was told it wasn't decided.

I can't tell you the exact time, but it'll be after we decide where it'll be located, which from what I know it'll be Dreams of Good Hope, I'll decide when in a couple of days

The Hazmat-Suit Wearing Land of Devonigondwana

I am not sure this is the place to ask, but what is the whole cheese exports thing going on on this site? I would like to participate and go up the ranks

Theunitedstatesof
Show

Post by Theunitedstatesof suppressed by Duby.

Post self-deleted by Theunitedstatesof.

The Hazmat-Suit Wearing Land of Devonigondwana

Theunitedstatesof wrote:A mysterious platypus has brought me here

Welcome!! I hope you enjoy your time here! We're up for any questions you may have, so don't be scared to ask ^^

The Dictatorship of Duby

Theunitedstatesof wrote:Hello!

Try to refrain double posting in the future, but welcome to Conch Kingdom!

The Antigone E A Jörmunr of Gibraltarica

Theunitedstatesof wrote:A mysterious platypus has brought me here

Welcome!

Theunitedstatesof

Duby wrote:Try to refrain double posting in the future, but welcome to Conch Kingdom!

Ok, I will.

The Republic of Aelandi

Welcome to CK Theunitedstatesof!

The Republic of Hubdova

Theunitedstatesof wrote:Hello!

Greetings!

The Confederacy of Hamptoria

New York City

July 4, 1947

A day that would usually have the sound of cheers and Fireworks, Instead The Streets are filled with the sound of gunfire and Explosions. The German Forces Have Surrounded the City and are starting to Move in, they are clearing Building by Building, Room by Room of the Defending Americans who are fighting tooth and nail for their homes.

A lone Soldier by the name of Murphy Robbins Is the last of his Company as the rest where caught in an ambush and killed. He looks out past the Broken Car that he is taking cover from, down the New York Street. It is a hellscape of Fire, Debris, Corpses, and Craters. A Gunshot is heard and a bullet whizzes by Murphy's head. He Ducks back behind cover.

He never wanted to be here, he never wanted to be near the fighting. Murphy's Dream was to play the Electric Guitar, a Musical Machine invented the decade before. During high school, he would take Lessons and Learn how to play a few songs. Then he Graduated in 1944, and before he had the chance of continuing his dream, the War called. He will never forget the day his Draft notice Came in the mail. He Remembers waking up in a good mood, he got dressed in his favorite suit, and went downstairs for breakfast. When he entered the Kitchen, he found his mother crying while his father comforted her. When Murphy asked what was wrong, his father simply pointed at the Kitchen table. on it was a piece of paper with the date stamped in the Corner and the words:

*ORDER TO REPORT FOR INDUCTION*

Next thing he Knew he was being shipped out to England.

As he snaps back into reality, he realizes that the Germans were upon him. In a panic, he Runs into a nearby apartment building. That was a mistake. Next thing he knew there was a Hail of Bullets headed his way, Luckily for him, they all miss, but he is being chased by the Nazis. As he bolts into the building, he climbs up the stairs. About halfway up the Third flight, he hears German being yelled at him. He looks down to see two Nazi soldiers coming up the First flight. He fires Two Shots out of his Garand Rifle at the Enemies below, he doesn't see if they hit because he has bolted away with gunshots behind him. he Runs down a hallway and turns and fires as many shots as he can to the Oncoming Germans, he is able to see two of them Drop to the floor. He keeps Firing until *click*

He Instantly realizes hes in trouble. He runs into a Apartment and closes the door behind him. He knocks over a dresser next to the door to Barricade it and hopefully prevent the Nazis from getting in. He Checks his Rifle. "Just as I expected, out of ammo" he says to himself. the Door gets slammed Against. The Soldiers are trying to get through. He checks his ammo bag "no no no no" he says in a panic "God Dammit" He has no more cartridges. Murphy looks around the Room. there is One broken Window, he runs over to it, looks outside. He's on the Seventh floor, and the Fire escape has been broken off. He's Trapped.

He looks at the Door, they are still trying to open it. It's not budging at the moment. Murphy Looks around the room again. On the wall is Old Glory, and in the Corner is an Electric Guitar.

Murphy stairs at it for a second. He walks over to the guitar and connects it to the radio system. Somehow, the Building still has electricity in it. He Picks up the Guitar and all the memories from his life starts to gush into his thoughts. He begins to play his final song - The Star Spangled Banner.

The Sound of the Guitar seems to drown out all other noise, all of the shots, all of the Explosions, and the Slamming on the door. He plays it with pride, sorrow, and Patriotism. He closes his eyes and finishes the song

Right as it ended, the door broke open and The Germans Got Through.

One Shot was fired and all fell silent.

Old Glory, with its Forty-Eight Stars and Thirteen Stripes, Has Gained some final Patriot Red.

via Cape of Good Hope

United states of gondor

Hamptoria wrote:snip

That was really good

The Confederacy of Hamptoria

United states of gondor wrote:That was really good

thank you

The Puddle of Socialist Platypus

Devonigondwana wrote:I am not sure this is the place to ask, but what is the whole cheese exports thing going on on this site? I would like to participate and go up the ranks

I must say I didn't focus on that but I guess if you answer issue in the right way for you, you could get that up (not sure which though sorry)

Theunitedstatesof wrote:Hello!

Welcome

Hamptoria wrote:snip

^^The story is nice, one tip I can also give you, when you do super long posts like that you can use Spoilers to make it even nicer ^^

The Republic of The Psittacines

I'm dying right now, lmao

How did introducing doubleheader soccer matches to increase attendance at women's games reclassify my country from Inoffensive Centrist Democracy to Democratic Socialists AND hurt my economy??

This game, haha

The Hazmat-Suit Wearing Land of Devonigondwana

The Psittacines wrote:I'm dying right now, lmao

How did introducing doubleheader soccer matches to increase attendance at women's games reclassify my country from Inoffensive Centrist Democracy to Democratic Socialists AND hurt my economy??

This game, haha

Welcome to the club lmao

The Puddle of Socialist Platypus

The Psittacines wrote:I'm dying right now, lmao

How did introducing doubleheader soccer matches to increase attendance at women's games reclassify my country from Inoffensive Centrist Democracy to Democratic Socialists AND hurt my economy??

This game, haha

Hey I mean sometimes things are complexe. You could imagine stuff like it not being appreciated by people so less seen so worst economy or just being more expensive. Can't really tell you. But yeah sometimes it's hard to anticipate what an issue might do.

Weeturds

The Psittacines wrote:I'm dying right now, lmao

How did introducing doubleheader soccer matches to increase attendance at women's games reclassify my country from Inoffensive Centrist Democracy to Democratic Socialists AND hurt my economy??

This game, haha

because society

«12. . .1,9301,9311,9321,9331,9341,9351,936. . .2,0202,021»