The administration of Anteria shall consist of the Founder and an elected, regional government, known as the Directorate of Anteria which shall consist of the individual directors. The government shall conduct domestic and foreign regional policy, civil administration, and the defense of the region all in the name of the Founder and the region on behalf of the people. Additionally, the government shall exercise executive authority and statutory regulations.
Section 1 - The Founder
1. The Founder is the Head of State of Anteria, the symbol of its unity and permanence. She arbitrates and moderates the regular functioning of the institutions, assumes the highest representation of the region of Anteria in interregional relations and exercises the functions expressly conferred on her by the Accords and the laws.
2. Her title is that of “Founder of Anteria” and she may use the other titles pertaining to the position as they see fit.
3. The founder have sworn to faithfully carry out her duties, to obey the Accords and the laws and ensure that they are obeyed, and to respect the rights of citizens of Anteria.
4. The Founder of Anteria shall administer the region through the nation of Zhengan, which occupies the “Founder” position within the site-side regional office.
Section 2 - The Directorate
The Directorate of Anteria will be the primary Government of Anteria and shall span it’s jurisdiction across all outlets of Anterian communications and activity. Within the Directorate there shall be several permanent Offices, whose titles and roles are defined here as such:
1. Prime Director: The Prime Director shall be held by a single Nation which shall be the Primary Nation of the Person who operates the said Nation. The duties of the Prime Director shall be to act as the “primus inter pares” Director where applicable and to be a mouthpiece for the Directorate as a whole. While the Prime Director does not command the specific areas of each Director who shall maintain autonomy in their respective role, the Prime Director may advise and direct Directorate activity as a whole and be the final decision maker for the Directorate where needed. The Prime Director will also serve to represent the best interests of the Founder before the Directorate and to the entire region when the Founder is unavailable or otherwise predisposed with other affairs.
2. Director of the World Assembly/World Assembly Delegate: The Director of the World Assembly shall be held by a single Nation which shall be the Primary Nation of the Person who operates the said Nation. The duties of the Director of the World Assembly shall be as a Representative to the region for Anteria as well as gathering endorsements as much as possible, promoting the World Assembly within Anteria, and voting within the United Regions Alliance, which Anteria is a member to, and posting the United Regions Alliance World Assembly Recommendations where applicable. The Director of the World Assembly shall be appointed by the founders, with recommendation from other members of the Directorate if possible, and serve in their Office for life, or until that Nation resigns from the Office, is removed from the Office due to a violation of the Laws and Rights set forth in these Accords or other Regional Laws, or until otherwise incapacitated and, therefore, unable to perform their duties.
3. Director of Internal Affairs: The Director of the Internal Affairs shall be held by a single Nation which shall be the Primary Nation of the Person who operates the said Nation. The duties of the Director of the Internal Affairs shall be to oversee the regional inner workings of the region. They shall oversee elections, any regional dispatch, recruitment, retainment, and act as second to the Prime Director when required.
4. Director of Foreign Affairs: The Director of Foreign Affairs shall be held by a single Nation which shall be the Primary Nation of the Person who operates the said Nation. The duties of the Director of Foreign Affairs shall be to assume the highest representation of Anteria, outside of the Founder, in interregional affairs. The Director of Foreign Affairs shall be highest form of contact for foreign visitors and ambassadors and shall be directed to for interregional affairs. The Director of Foreign Affairs shall also be responsible for managing the diplomats of Anteria.
5. Director of Enforcement: The Director of Enforcement shall be held by a single Nation which shall be the Primary Nation of the Person who operates the said Nation. The duties of the Director of Enforcement shall be to enforce the rules and regulations, as well as the criminal code, of the Region of Anteria across all means of communication. The outlets of these communications currently consist of the NationStates regional page, any Official Anterian forum, the Regional Discord, and the Regional IRC. The Director of Enforcement may also oversee the work of the Chat Moderators in the regional Discord. The Director of Enforcement shall be elected to the position as prescribed by these Accords.
6.Director of Roleplay: The Director of the Roleplay shall be held by a single Nation which shall be the Primary Nation of the Person who operates the said Nation. The duties of the Director of the Roleplay shall be to overseer and moderate daily Roleplay and Worldbuilding which occurs on the RMB, Dispatches, iiWiki, and appropriate discord servers. The Director of the Roleplay shall be elected to the position as prescribed by these Accords
Section 3 - Elections
1. Each Person who operates a Primary Nation within the Region of Anteria shall have one vote. Puppet Nations shall not acquire nor be granted the right to vote in regional elections.
2. The positions of the Directorate shall be elected positions. A single Nation which shall be the Primary Nation of the Person who operates the said Nation shall be elected to the Office of their selection by means of a secret ballot.
3. The Positions of Prime Director, Director of Internal Affairs, and Director of Foreign Affairs shall be done every 3 months via secret ballot.
4. For all other positions, the Director shall hold the office for 3 months unchallenged. However, upon the completion of said 3 month, the individual may continue to hold the position indefinitely but any member of the region, if eligible, shall have the ability to challenge the Director for their position.
5. Any nation, which shall be the Primary Nation of the Person who operates said Nation, shall make their challenge known to the Founder and may do so at any time after the 3 month period. Should the Founder accept the challenge, a new election shall be issued by the founder via secret ballet.
6. If the challenger wins the election, they shall assume the position of Director and Section 3, Subsection 2-3 shall apply to them. Should the challenger fail the election, the incumbent shall remain in office and be immuned from challenge for 1 month.
Section 4 - Eligibility
1. The nation which shall occupy said office shall be a single Nation which shall be the Primary Nation of the Person who operates the said Nation. Puppet nations shall not be permitted to hold offices nor will anyone be permitted to hold more than a single office at a time nor multiple nations within a single position.
2. The person who wishes to run for office shall be required to be a native to the region of Anteria. A native shall be defined as an individual whose primary nation resides in Anteria and has been a resident for a period of at least 3 weeks.
3. Anyone who wishes to run for office within the Directorate of Anteria must not hold positions of power or executive responsibility within other regions in order to be a candidate. Any person who wishes to run for office in Anteria must first complete their tenure in the other said regions in which they are executively involved or resign from said positions before assuming any office within the Region of Anteria. There shall, however, be exceptions made as the sole discretion of the Founders of Anteria.
Section 5 - Civil Service
1. Individuals, who operate a primary nation within the region of Anteria, may perform auxiliary positions on behalf of the Directorate. These individuals shall maintain a separate status from the Directorate and shall not be considered members of the directorates themselves. These individuals are permitted to act as staff members of their respective directorate members and shall have access to directorate lines where and if applicable.
2. These individuals shall be referred to as Civil Servants and may perform a variety of roles for the delegating Directorate member or Founder where applicable.
3. The role in which each civil servant performs will be laid out by the Directorate member or Founder beforehand and recorded by the archivist where applicable and shall maintain said status until retirement or dismissal.
Section 6 - Removal from Office
1. Should any member of the Directorate feel a fellow member of the Directorate no longer deemed fit to hold that position, they may submit a No Confidence proposal to the Founders or Chief Justice. Should a majority of Directorate members pass such a proposal, it shall be presented to the Founders who may choose to dismiss the Directorate member or he may choose to ignore it. The member of the Directorate under question will then be immune from said proposal for ten consecutive days.
2. Should another proposal be brought against them again, the Founder may either dismiss the Directorate member under scrutiny or a Regional vote shall be triggered, conducted by the Founders, for 24 hours, where members may vote whether they wish for the member of the Directorate to be removed. Should the poll pass, the Founders shall dismiss the member of the Directorate. Should the poll fail, the member shall be immune for ten days and the actions stated above may be repeated after this time.
3.These provisions above shall apply to the Director of Enforcement, Director of Cartography, Director of the Archive, and the Director of Recruitment.
1. Due to the unique position of Director of Justice, should any member of the Directorate feel the Director of Justice is no longer deemed fit to hold that position, they may submit a No Confidence proposal to the Founders of Anteria. Should a majority of Directorate members submit such a proposal, the Director of Justice shall be put under review of the Founders alone. The founders shall then decide whether the Director Justice has been inadequate or abusive within their responsibilities and shall be removed. The decision by the Founders must be unanimous in order to remove the Director of Justice from office. Should the position of Director of Justice be held by a founder, they shall be discluded from this decision.
2. Should the Founders decide against the Director of Justice, the Director of Justice shall be Immediately removed from office and barred from holding that position in the future. A new Director Justice will then be appointed by the Founders at their earliest convenience.
3. In the event of a vacancy of the Director of Justice position, the responsibilities of the Director of Justice shall be temporarily conducted by the Founders until a new Director of Justice is selected by the Founders. In the event the founders do not remove the Director of Justice, the Director of Justice shall be immune from said proposal for thirty consecutive days.
1. Due to the unique position of Director of the World Assembly, should any member of the Directorate feel the Director of the World Assembly is no longer deemed fit to hold that position, they may submit a No Confidence proposal to the Founders of Anteria. Should a majority of Directorate members submit such a proposal, the Director of the World Assembly shall be put under review of the Founders alone. The founders shall then decide whether the Director of the World Assembly has been inadequate or abusive within their responsibilities and shall be removed. Should the position of Director of the World Assembly be held by a founder, they shall be discluded from this decision.
2. Should the Founders decide against the Director of the World Assembly, the Director of World Assembly shall be Immediately removed from office and must either temporarily resign their World Assembly Membership in order to remove them from said position or face temporary expulsion from the region so that a new member may assume the role.
3. In the event of an extended vacancy of the Director of the World Assembly position, the duties and powers of the said office shall be suspended until a new Director of the World Assembly is appointed by the Founders of Anteria at their earliest convenience and endorsed by the populace.
Section 7 - The Court
Section 7.1 - Regional Law
1. The final interpretation of Regional Law and the Rights and Laws set forth in these accords, as well as all other Regional Laws, shall be the duty of the Director of Justice alone, who shall enact Rulings which shall coincide with the Rights and Laws set forth in these Accords.
2. The Director of Justice shall conduct all Trials, Amendment or Accord Hearings, and other such public or private interpretations of Regional Law, save for in such an instance where the Director of Justice shall not be physically able or legally prohibited from doing so, in which case, the Founder shall hold authority over the said public or private interpretation of Regional Law.
3. A Ruling made by the Director of Justice shall be enacted at the time which the said Ruling had been posted, and shall become Regional Law upon its enactment. It shall thus be the duty of the Director of Justice and the Directorate of Anteria to ensure that the text of all Rulings, in their entirety, shall be posted to the Regional Message Board of Anteria on NationStates, as well as to all external communications applications, within twenty-four hours of the enactment of the said Ruling.
4. It shall also be the duty of the Director of Justice and the Directorate of Anteria, upon the enactment of the said Ruling, to uphold that Ruling. A Ruling shall overwrite any and all conflicting Regional Laws in the form of Amendments to the said Laws which are concerned, and this process shall not require an Amendment Hearing to be conducted. The said Ruling which shall cause one or several Amendments to Regional Law shall be enacted immediately.
5. In such an instance where a Ruling may contradict or otherwise oppose the Rights and Laws set forth in these Accords, the Founder shall conduct an Accords pro Regimen Hearing, in which the Founder shall decide if the said Ruling shall be necessary as it had been originally written by the Director of Justice, or if the said Ruling must be amended before it may be enacted, or if the said Ruling must be discarded.
Section 7.2 - Criminal Court
1. Should a member break the provisions of the Criminal Code situated in Article III of these accords, they may be put before the Director of Justice for their offenses. If the offense is found to be in egregious taste and demands action from the court, the Director of Enforcement shall be the one who may officially charge the offending member with the offense.
2. In the event the Director of Enforcement brings up the formal charges, the Director of Justice and the offending member shall be notified. A court date and time then shall be decided between the Director of Justice, Director of Enforcement, and the offending member. If the offending member refuses to cooperate or otherwise ignore the Director of Justice for a court time, the Director of Justice may, with approval from a Founder, set a court date without the offending members input.
3. Until the day of the court proceedings, those who have otherwise committed non-capital crimes, no retaliation or restrictions shall be placed upon the offending member. If a member is being indicted for treason or espionage, they shall be placed on a server-wide mute save for the respective court channel until after the trial.
4. During the trial proceedings on the agreed upon day, the trial shall be overseen by the Director of Justice. The offending member will state whether they plead guilty or not guilty and the Director of Enforcement shall present his argument and evidence, which may include any resource or individual of his choosing, to the Director of Justice. The offending member may in turn then present his counter argument, which may include any resource or individual of his choosing. The Director of Justice shall then reach a decision.
5. If the verdict of guilty is cast upon the offending member, the Director of Justice may impose punishment of his choosing up to the defined maximum punishment defined by the offenses defined maximum penalty. If the ruling of not guilty is case upon the offending member, no penalty shall follow the offending member and the offending member shall be protected from ridicule and be immune from trial for the same offense again unless new, overwhelming evidence is brought to the attention of the Director of Justice and the Founders of Anteria approve a retrial.
6. The ruling may be appealed for a new Hearing if a Primary Nation should provide significant evidence that shall alter the Ruling which had resulted from the previous Trial, the interpretation of which shall be the duty of the Director of Justice, who shall also conduct the new Hearing of the said Trial.
Click here to return to the main Accords page.