§1 - Regional Governance
1. All matters of regional governance shall be referred to a regional legislature, called the IDU States Assembly (IDUSA). IDUSA shall have the power to adopt by-laws for the region on any matters not explicitly reserved to and in this Regional Charter. All by-laws require a majority vote to pass.
2. All IDU states (excluding puppet states) are entitled to apply to join IDUSA. IDUSA may pass by-laws further regulating or clarifying matters related to membership in IDUSA.
3. IDUSA shall elect a speaker by majority vote. The Speaker will preside over all sessions of IDUSA. Elections shall be held at least once a year. IDUSA may pass by-laws to further regulate the position and office of Speaker, including but not limited to, duties of the office, and term limits.
4. IDUSA shall elect the Regional Delegate by a majority vote of IDUSA. Elections shall be held at least once a year. The Delegate shall be considered the head of state of the region, and shall control the region's delegate votes in the World Assembly. IDUSA may pass by-laws to further regulate the position and office of Delegate, including but not limited to, duties and functions of the office, term limits, and succession.
5. IDUSA may remove the Regional Delegate from office before any term is up through majority vote. IDUSA may pass by-laws to further regulate this responsibility.
6. The Delegate shall be empowered to appoint a cabinet or council of advisors. IDUSA may pass by-laws to further regulate this power.
§2 - Judiciary Committee
1. All disputes pertaining to the wording, interpretation, meaning or intent of the Regional Charter, or any by-law, shall be referred to a Judiciary Committee.
2. Members of the committee shall be nominated by the Delegate, and confirmed by IDUSA by majority vote. IDUSA may pass by-laws to further regulate this matter, including but not limited to, terms of office, membership and composition, and any further powers and duties.
3. IDUSA may vote, by majority vote, to accuse any state in the IDU of violating the Regional Charter, or a by-law; such accusations shall be heard by the Judiciary Committee, which shall then vote to convict or acquit based on verifiable submitted evidence.
4. The Speaker shall represent IDUSA in arguing cases against accused parties. The Speaker shall be empowered to select a proxy if so desired.
5. All accused parties shall have the right to review all evidence against them. Accused parties may plead their own case, or if so desired may chose a proxy to act on their behalf.
6. Penalties for violating the Regional Charter, or a by-law, shall be regulated by IDUSA.
7. Notwithstanding any provision within this document, the Judiciary Committee shall be empowered to create and administer their own rules and procedures.
§3 - General Provisions
1. Amendments to the Regional Charter shall be adopted by a two-thirds majority vote of IDUSA.