The Republic of Zytronia
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Republic of Zytronia is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, deadly medical pandemics, and strictly enforced bedtime. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.522 billion Zytronians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Industry, with Welfare, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Zytronian economy, worth 272 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 108,157 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 321,112 per year while the poor average 28,578, a ratio of 11.2 to 1.
Schools offer a range of lessons in subjects as diverse as The Economics of Bullying for Lunch Money, citizens' names are redacted on their IDs for national security, foreign casinos have trouble paying fans who bet on the Zytronia City Owls' triumph against long odds, and bands of adventurers rove the countryside searching for monsters. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Zytronia's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zytronia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Zytronia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Zytronia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zytronia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Zytronia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Zytronia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Zytronia relocated from The Alliance of Independent States to Artificial Solar System.
- : Zytronia's influence in The Alliance of Independent States rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Zytronia endorsed The Disputed Territories of Confused No Name.
- : Zytronia relocated from Common Jaguar Wilds to The Alliance of Independent States.