The United States of Zygoltiana
“Instituta Gente Veritas Res Immobiles”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Power
The United States of Zygoltiana is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Marie-Anne Rutledge with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 8.173 billion Zygoltianese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Charlotte. The average income tax rate is 65.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Zygoltianese economy, worth 914 trillion Grandeta Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 111,843 Grandeta Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, gun-wielding criminals always wear appropriate eye and ear protection, and the military has gone fission for more funding. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zygoltiana's national animal is the Lion Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zygoltiana published "Away Zygoltiana" (Account: Military).
- : Zygoltiana's influence in Ultorbis rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Zygoltiana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Zygoltiana updated the World Factbook entry in Ultorbis.
- : Zygoltiana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Zygoltiana published "The Niscan Central Kingdom" (Account: Other).
- : Following new legislation in Zygoltiana, the military has gone fission for more funding.
- : Zygoltiana published "Executive Cabinets of Zygoltiana" (Account: Other).
- : Following new legislation in Zygoltiana, gun-wielding criminals always wear appropriate eye and ear protection.
- : Following new legislation in Zygoltiana, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome.