The United Kingdom of Zuleit
“Long Live The King!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The United Kingdom of Zuleit is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Tutankhamun with an iron fist, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.014 billion Zuleitians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Duran. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 50.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Zuleitian economy, worth 295 trillion Zuleit Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 146,565 Zuleit Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens' names are redacted on their IDs for national security, the Zuleitian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and barbers who trim a few inches of hair bill the government for their labor. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zuleit's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is the Worship of Amun.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zuleit, barbers who trim a few inches of hair bill the government for their labor.
- : Zuleit was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Zuleit, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Zuleit, the Zuleitian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Zuleit, citizens' names are redacted on their IDs for national security.
- : Following new legislation in Zuleit, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Zuleit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Zuleit voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Zuleit, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit.
- : Zuleit endorsed The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Amerion, Aidenfieeld, Sthalrim, Centristvill, New Briantown, Marinho Islands, Aumeltopia, Tepertopia, PenguinPies, Bartonia Nova, House Ahsanul, Jehenna, Kandorith, City States Nation, Antarctic Empires, Purple Hyacinth, The Solar System Scope, Qvait, Darakin, Abarri, Seliyan progressive Islands, Great Andora, Volaworand, Nova Montron, Ebonhand, Wehraboos, Calistan, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Farengeto, Kholdan, Tsunamy, Erinor, West Pastafaria, Nowa Europa, Land Without Shrimp, Drystar, Linden Oak, Noire Denholm, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Apartment 11F, Bawkie, Shefino, Maximvs Tarvgvs Rex, Rotenaplistan, Corgitopiaa, Beepee, Sandaoguo, Eskvenn, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, and 44 others.The Imperial Frost Federation, Rebel-topia, Andinla, Wakandan Tribes, Kingpins, Zataras, Treir, Ralphburg, Synarion, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wallechi, Auphelia, Truskawkoland, Honey Cake, WI SD EA D, Holota, Qawe, LadyRebels, Yuveska, The Altan, Seythennia, Unojo, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Yeses, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Doge Land, Linguiniland, Bichedder, West Bridgeport, Libedistan, St Scurry and Jelly, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Sedunn, Enplatia, Gonrati, Noimosini, The United Australian States, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Populaa, and Ipugao.