The Empire of Zoom-1
“Never forget, I am the Fastest Man Alive.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Empire of Zoom-1 is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, democratic population of 5.535 billion Zoom-1ians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.2%.
The strong Zoom-1ian economy, worth 376 trillion pesos a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is 67,970 pesos, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
Divorce is illegal, the government is seen to favor traditionalist religions, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, and Zoom-1 has designated Zoom-1 City as its capital city. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Zoom-1's national animal is the crocodile.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zoom-1's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Zoom-1 relocated from Kiwa to The Rejected Realms.
- : Zoom-1 was ejected from Kiwa by The Kingdom of General Ludd.
- : Zoom-1's influence in Kiwa rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Zoom-1 resigned as Friend of Kiwa.
- : Zoom-1 updated the World Factbook entry in Kiwa.
- : Zoom-1 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Zoom-1 appointed Zoom-1 as Friend with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Kiwa.
- : Zoom-1 became WA Delegate of Kiwa.
- : Zoom-1's influence in Kiwa rose from "Zero" to "Page".