The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda
“Svoboda Milsy, Sobstvennosty, i Deatelnosty.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Minister Kerenskij with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 31.117 billion Zemnaya Svobodans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Petrograd. The average income tax rate is 61.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zemnaya Svobodan economy, worth a remarkable 3,315 trillion kopeks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,551 kopeks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There are traffic jams at sea as diligent customs officers check every part of every ship, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year, edutainment video games are taking Zemnaya Svoboda's students to the next level, and the nation has nearly as many history museums as Zemnaya Svobodans. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zemnaya Svoboda's national animal is the bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Zemnaya Svoboda altered its national flag.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was endorsed by The Filthy Traitor to the Cause of Comfed.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was endorsed by The Nation formally by the name of 9003.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was endorsed by The Country of Jerzykowo.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was endorsed by The Borderlands of Sakusen.