The Transitional Government of Zekeinistan
“Brighter than one billion suns”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: Christians Against Shatnez
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Transitional Government of Zekeinistan is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Honorable Chairman Ulvi Eldar with an iron fist, and notable for its flagrant waste-dumping, sprawling nuclear power plants, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 15.668 billion Zekeinistanis are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry, Spirituality, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Amashabul. The average income tax rate is 96.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Zekeinistani economy, worth a remarkable 5,995 trillion Tegs a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 382,686 Tegs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,149,778 per year while the poor average 99,426, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
The richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper, every political party claims that their platform is based on divine revelation, a rolling news ticker tape of disclaimers runs across the bottom of the screen on all TV shows, and women are reassured that they're being oppressed for their own good. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zekeinistan's national animal is the Elephant, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zekeinistan agreed to construct embassies between Christians Against Shatnez and The Great Universe.
- : Zekeinistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Conservative.
- : Zekeinistan's influence in Christians Against Shatnez rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Following new legislation in Zekeinistan, women are reassured that they're being oppressed for their own good.
- : Following new legislation in Zekeinistan, a rolling news ticker tape of disclaimers runs across the bottom of the screen on all TV shows.
- : Following new legislation in Zekeinistan, every political party claims that their platform is based on divine revelation.
- : Following new legislation in Zekeinistan, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper.
- : Zekeinistan added the tag "Religious" to Christians Against Shatnez.
- : Zekeinistan updated the World Factbook entry in Christians Against Shatnez.
- : Zekeinistan relocated from Balder to Christians Against Shatnez.