The Armed Republic of Yuritoria
“We Live For Yuri, We Die For Yuri”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Armed Republic of Yuritoria is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Rika Yamashita with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 876 million Yuritorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kamihama. The average income tax rate is 42.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Yuritorian economy, worth 111 trillion yurimarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 127,351 yurimarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines, the children of Yuritoria are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence, the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions, and Rika Yamashita has just been declared ruler of Yuritoria in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Yuritoria's national animal is the cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yuritoria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Yuritoria was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Yuritoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Yuritoria was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Yuritoria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Yuritoria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Yuritoria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Yuritoria changed its national leader to "Rika Yamashita".
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, Rika Yamashita has just been declared ruler of Yuritoria in an international press conference.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions.
Endorsements Received: 33 » German South-East Africa, Marrabuk, Brotherland, Osterreich und Ungarn, VW53Aland, East Malaysia, Dragons Blood, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Lingu, Tretrid, Asendavia, The Three States of Fortuna, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Rainbow Vests, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, Evrigenis, Raunch, Our Gods, Libertanny, A mean old man, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, and Flying Snow.