The Military State of Yosten
“For Honour! For Greatness! For Yosten!”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Military State of Yosten is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by General Hanz Wagner with an iron fist, and notable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, parental licensing program, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.003 billion Yostenians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Altenförde. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 76.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Yostenian economy, worth 956 trillion Yis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 239,045 Yis, with the richest citizens earning 8.7 times as much as the poorest.
Endocrinology is a rapidly growing field of study, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal, songs in 4/4 time are simply too common for the musical cognoscenti, and couch potatoes are considered to be model citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yosten's national animal is the Turtle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is National Divinity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Yosten, couch potatoes are considered to be model citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Yosten, songs in 4/4 time are simply too common for the musical cognoscenti.
- : Following new legislation in Yosten, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Yosten, endocrinology is a rapidly growing field of study.
- : Yosten was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market and the Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Yosten, children who can't memorize their multiplication tables are sent to the mines.
- : Following new legislation in Yosten, many politicians are serving jail time for minor drug offenses.
- : Following new legislation in Yosten, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in Yosten, recent events in Dàguó have been classified 'for General Hanz Wagner's eyes only'.
- : Following new legislation in Yosten, grazing lands are filled with cattle wearing odd-looking anti-pollution devices.