The Federation of Yonoy
“Progress should never be kept waiting”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Federation of Yonoy is a huge, genial nation, notable for its national health service, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 369 million Yonoyians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 39.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Yonoyian economy, worth 14.1 trillion cybercoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Basket Weaving, and Retail. Average income is 38,225 cybercoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is, an increasing number of citizens believe the world is flat, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids, and bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yonoy's national animal is the hummingbird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yonoy was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Yonoy was endorsed by The Merry Poppyns of 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121.
- : Yonoy was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Yonoy's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Yonoy was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : Yonoy was endorsed by The Republic of New Belgrade.
- : Following new legislation in Yonoy, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Yonoy was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Yonoy was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Yonoy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist and the Top 10% for Safest.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Wehraboos, Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Qvait, Tepertopia, Aidenfieeld, WI SD EA D, Holota, Nowa Europa, Treir, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Marinho Islands, The Altan, Rebel-topia, Aumeltopia, Belschaft, PenguinPies, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Erinor, Farengeto, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Volaworand, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Bichedder, LadyRebels, Holy Free, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ceutalia, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, and Ipugao.