The Grand Duchy of Yodivenis
“Without the people, there is no nation”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Grand Duchy of Yodivenis is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Klorine with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, zero percent divorce rate, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.756 billion Yodivenisians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thorance. The average income tax rate is 84.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Yodivenisian economy, worth 251 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 143,252 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has always been at war with Moltovea, political activists are routinely executed, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, and lobster tastes best when it is red. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yodivenis's national animal is the Linx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yodivenis was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Foxomexra.
- : Yodivenis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Yodivenis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Yodivenis, lobster tastes best when it is red.
- : Following new legislation in Yodivenis, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- : Following new legislation in Yodivenis, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Yodivenis, the nation has always been at war with Moltovea.
- : Yodivenis endorsed The Federation of The New Bulgarian Order.
- : Yodivenis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Yodivenis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
Endorsements Received: 19 » Speke, Hatstheput, Whitmarche, Lesser Velutaria, Kiyortza, Bro Wyned, Fallooplesburg, New Sebronia, Halsuntria, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Gadorien, Southern Velutaria, Kentalis, Wellsenfaile, Flashboom, Montecaro, Abjekistan, The New Bulgarian Order, and Foxomexra.