The Republic of Ynobia
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Republic of Ynobia is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.511 billion Ynobians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eshialand City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Ynobian economy, worth 256 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 102,044 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 374,410 per year while the poor average 19,686, a ratio of 19.0 to 1.
Group photos of the members of parliament are often mistaken for family reunions, surveillance cameras are banned, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop, and walls don't have ears. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ynobia's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ynobia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Ynobia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Ynobia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ynobia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ynobia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ynobia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Ynobia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Ynobia relocated from Grand Avalon to Artificial Solar System.
- : Ynobia's influence in Grand Avalon rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Ynobia endorsed The King of Archibald von Friedburg.