The Republic of Yitussia
“Loyalty to the State, the People, and the Party.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Republic of Yitussia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 502 million Yitussians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Law & Order, Defense, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. The average income tax rate is 54.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Yitussian economy, worth 16.5 trillion Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 32,850 Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Third world countries are rich in "I Love Yitussia City" t-shirts, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, a government program is underway to revitalize Yitussia's beaches, and troops are either deafened by gunfire or a hysterical voice screaming the Party manifesto. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yitussia's national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yitussia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Yitussia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Yitussia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Yitussia altered its national flag.
- : Yitussia was refounded in Balder.
- : Yitussia ceased to exist in Conch Kingdom.
- : Yitussia was endorsed by The Confederation of Swiss Hommousionopia.
- : Yitussia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Trollgestan.
- : Yitussia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Kliffoj.
- : Yitussia was endorsed by The Republic of United Cyber Tech.