The Empire of Yemeria
“Resistance Shall Not Be Tolerated!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Lands End
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Empire of Yemeria is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Goltest with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, infamous sell-swords, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.355 billion Yemerians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wizima. The average income tax rate is 37.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Yemerian economy, worth 180 trillion Yuugriks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 133,392 Yuugriks, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens can't decide whether to be proud or horrified by the country's colonial history, every new toxic waste dump comes with a seal of approval from the government's science advisor, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, and candidates make campaign speeches at the funerals of former rivals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yemeria's national animal is the King Cobra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Belief of the Eternal Rain.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Yemeria, candidates make campaign speeches at the funerals of former rivals.
- : Following new legislation in Yemeria, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Yemeria, every new toxic waste dump comes with a seal of approval from the government's science advisor.
- : Following new legislation in Yemeria, citizens can't decide whether to be proud or horrified by the country's colonial history.
- : Following new legislation in Yemeria, the carbon tax fund gladly supplies warm blankets when the poor can't pay their heating bills.
- : Yemeria was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Libereausia.
- : Yemeria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular and Largest Basket Weaving Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Yemeria was endorsed by The Dominion of Siluvia.
- : Yemeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : Yemeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
Endorsements Received: 70 » Artevenia, TESDAI, Chocolatistan, Antarctican Immagrants, Nadal Mobianordia, Jizue Isles, Deims Kir, Ruwan Islands, Lippeland, Authoritism, Ha Tsan, Ansoku, Thaltopia, Neo URSS, Tarradal, FrendLEEistan, Byth Aldoms, Peacockastan, Stutzist, Biggonian Megaist Empire, Kathricore, South-Central Rhodesia, Hansa Federation, Disnk, Bonnie Blue Republic, Nordhpadhan, Arstotskiano, The Co-Prosperity-Sphere, Khezite Mandali, Mabufudyne, Schabinur, Singhapala Bisaya, Earthern Alliance, Emu Republics, Rixurian Conglomerate, Ofrus, New Tussia, The Federation of Spokane, Canasius, Dolplandia, Hazbin demons, George-Harian, Bicala, J Class, Sacara, Ichirokuhachi, Raffleston, Allor II, Hollip, Nova Trento, and 20 others.Pantsville, Roughst, Tillaania, SinLandia666, Dwebsatiania, New Slovakastan, Micalandia, New Trussia, Sonderbourg, Normianm Empire, The Tribia, Quebecois Anem, Ill Bhartio, Pyatingrad, Kingdom of New Italy, VoidborneEmpire, LaSenpo, Nighter, Siluvia, and Libereausia.