The Republic of Xen Nork
“dum vivunt in rem publicam”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Republic of Xen Nork is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Samuel Davis with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, frequent executions, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 7.622 billion Xen Norkians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xaubury. The average income tax rate is 56.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Xen Norkian economy, worth 849 trillion Colonial Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 111,427 Colonial Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
High school bands practice by moonlight, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and airport security is provided by private companies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xen Nork's national animal is the Mockingbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xen Nork was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies, Largest Information Technology Sector, and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Xen Nork's influence in Anteria rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Xen Nork relocated from St Abbaddon to Anteria.
- : Xen Nork relocated from Balder to St Abbaddon.
- : Xen Nork was refounded in Balder.
- : Xen Nork ceased to exist in Anteria.
- : Xen Nork was endorsed by The Republic of Kentalis.
- : Xen Nork was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Xen Nork was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Montecaro.
- : Xen Nork was endorsed by The People's Republic of Abjekistan.