The Blue of Werfondkhan
“Vi vil ha mer penger. Ingenting annet.”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Blue of Werfondkhan is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Alexander Forest with an iron fist, and renowned for its vat-grown people, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.529 billion Khanians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ljónaborg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Werfondkhanian economy, worth 187 trillion sticks a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Gambling. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 122,589 sticks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 417,013 per year while the poor average 26,564, a ratio of 15.7 to 1.
The world still seems flat to some people in space, online tourism reviews of Werfondkhan are suspiciously positive and amazingly similar, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Werfondkhan. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. Werfondkhan's national animal is the Werewolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Werfondkhan relocated from Austria German Union to The North Pacific.
- : Werfondkhan lodged a message on the Austria German Union Regional Message Board.
- : Werfondkhan relocated from The North Pacific to Austria German Union.
- : Following new legislation in Werfondkhan, Max Barry is this year's Miss Werfondkhan.
- : Following new legislation in Werfondkhan, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- : Following new legislation in Werfondkhan, online tourism reviews of Werfondkhan are suspiciously positive and amazingly similar.
- : Werfondkhan changed its national animal to "Werewolf".
- : Werfondkhan changed its national nation type to "Blue".
- : Following new legislation in Werfondkhan, the world still seems flat to some people in space.
- : Werfondkhan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes.