The Rogue Nation of Wendelandia
“To each his own”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Squire
The Rogue Nation of Wendelandia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its smutty television, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 3.618 billion Wendelandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hugemungus. The average income tax rate is 16.7%.
The strong Wendelandian economy, worth 266 trillion kronor a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, and Retail. Average income is 73,550 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary, Wendelandian housewives become unusually flustered when thinking about Leader, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Wendelandia, and the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Wendelandia's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wendelandia's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Wendelandia relocated from Osiris to The East Pacific.
- : Wendelandia altered its national flag.
- : Wendelandia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Wendelandia ceased to exist in The East Pacific.
- : Wendelandia was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Johnny Appleseed1.
- : Wendelandia was endorsed by The Reaving Skallywag of Commodore Badger.
- : Wendelandia was endorsed by Brazilian greenland.
- : Wendelandia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn North East Somerset".
- : Following new legislation in Wendelandia, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.