The Democratic Republic of Waynorth
“Twirling Toward Freedom”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: 10000 Islands
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Democratic Republic of Waynorth is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its frequent executions, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 239 million Waynorthians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 54.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Waynorthian economy, worth 7.98 trillion marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 33,400 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader is too busy listening to praise to get any work done, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, the Treasury has been accused of flushing money down the toilet, and road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Waynorth's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Waynorth was endorsed by The Republic of Kaprein.
- : Waynorth's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Waynorth endorsed The Federal Republic of Clialaad.
- : Following new legislation in Waynorth, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
- : Following new legislation in Waynorth, the Treasury has been accused of flushing money down the toilet.
- : Following new legislation in Waynorth, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets.
- : Following new legislation in Waynorth, Leader is too busy listening to praise to get any work done.
- : Waynorth was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Clialaad.
- : Waynorth was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Kanycta.
- : Waynorth was endorsed by The Federal Republic of United Kolance.
Endorsements Received: 24 » The Soylent Green Party, Free Land of Rebellium, Solsevara, Macrasetia, Markanite, Namakan, Grimmywelsh, Arnefol, Faradova, Free Tuks, Aurum Port, Asardia, Ilfarasia, Dustwind, Northern African Sahara, Dolorado, Greater Theowherveld, The Galactic American Imperium, Jaegerpondonia, Lisokyo, United Kolance, Kanycta, Clialaad, and Kaprein.