The Imperial Galactic Theocracy of Wardrop
“Peace brings the plague of weakness into us.”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Location: The Glorious Nations of Iwaku
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Imperial Galactic Theocracy of Wardrop is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by General Wardrop with an iron fist, and notable for its aversion to nipples, parental licensing program, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.449 billion Wardroppians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Administration also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wardrop. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Wardropian economy, worth a remarkable 2,303 trillion Imperial Wardroppian Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 272,579 Imperial Wardroppian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A surprisingly large share of the nation's budget is used to buy new houses for immigrants, gift baskets often contain working nukes, getting your license is a rite of passage for young adults, and the WBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wardrop's national animal is the Wardroppian War Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Holy Church of Wardrop.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wardrop was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Wardrop, the WBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Following new legislation in Wardrop, getting your license is a rite of passage for young adults.
- : Following new legislation in Wardrop, gift baskets often contain working nukes.
- : Wardrop was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Wardrop, a surprisingly large share of the nation's budget is used to buy new houses for immigrants.
- : Following new legislation in Wardrop, the best spies are positively radiant after completing a big mission.
- : Following new legislation in Wardrop, rural Wardroppians stare in awe at the bright lights of the big cities.
- : Following new legislation in Wardrop, no bunny expects the Wardropian rabbit coalition.
- : Wardrop lodged a message on the The Glorious Nations of Iwaku Regional Message Board.