The Federation of Wanabe
“Speak softly, and carry a big stick”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Federation of Wanabe is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Papewaio with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, digital currency, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 5.409 billion Wanabeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Administration, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 18.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wanabean economy, worth a remarkable 1,016 trillion talegoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 187,880 talegoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers, foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in Wanabe, and Amnesty Interregional has condemned Wanabe for ignoring crimes against humanity. Crime is totally unknown. Wanabe's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wanabe was endorsed by The Kingdom of Taya Dust.
- : Wanabe was endorsed by The Empire of Celannica.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, Amnesty Interregional has condemned Wanabe for ignoring crimes against humanity.
- : Wanabe was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in Wanabe.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, you can call your arthritic immigrant neighbour for all your roof-tiling and guttering needs.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, there's never a spare chair in the retirement home.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, Wanabeans refer to transgender people with insults instead of pronouns.
Endorsements Received: 69 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Roissyland, Asendavia, Brotherland, Survivoristan, Ribanzi, Xhaco, ReeK, Am Echad, H-Zhena, Kangarawa, Wiranath, CopyCato, Mastariere, Ver Norge, Someseni, Peryn, Dark Edgyness, Amansteria, Hizuru, Socialist Holy American Empire, Verketa, British Calradia, Squid Ruinosa, The Happian Union, Eagas, Marrico, Thyaclinia, Neruch, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Romanum Legio, The Angel of Charity, United China Nation, Janoobi Jazair, Rhealaliit, VW53Aland, Axdel, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, BearStackof2015, CheeseBurrito, Kilkire, The United Asian Republics, The United Neo American Union, Sreneck, Quark Unit, Arpino, Libertanny, Escade, Grossvietnam, Liberstankonia, and 19 others.Pekweng, Lerasi, Stanisiti, La xinga, Commodore Badger, Hedonistica, Encurage, Avakael, Adolanta, Zukchiva, Servants of Gizmo, Johnny Appleseed1, Brethren, BorPup, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Celannica, and Taya Dust.