The Empire of Wamica
“Never give up hope , and keep going”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Empire of Wamica is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Celiac with an iron fist, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, state-planned economy, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 2.49 billion Wamicans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wolfram. The average income tax rate is 80.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wamicen economy, worth 281 trillion Emeralds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 113,190 Emeralds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
High school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate, the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", and the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Wolfram for fear of causing a fuss. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wamica's national animal is the Emerald wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Denazir.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wamica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Wamica's influence in Eurth rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in Wamica, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Wolfram for fear of causing a fuss.
- : Following new legislation in Wamica, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here".
- : Following new legislation in Wamica, the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions.
- : Following new legislation in Wamica, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate.
- : Wamica relocated from Balder to Eurth.
- : Wamica altered its national flag.
- : Wamica was refounded in Balder.
- : Wamica ceased to exist in Eurth.