The Dictatorship of Wahabism
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Dictatorship of Wahabism is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Guy on a Horse with an iron fist, and notable for its state-planned economy, otherworldly petting zoo, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.055 billion Wahabists are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Education, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Krimslandia. The average income tax rate is 89.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wahabist economy, worth 178 trillion north african shillings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 168,876 north african shillings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, and the leaders of Wahabism are given the nod by their predecessors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wahabism's national animal is the wahabist horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Guy on a Horse.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Wahabism, the leaders of Wahabism are given the nod by their predecessors.
- : Following new legislation in Wahabism, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Wahabism, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen.
- : Following new legislation in Wahabism, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban.
- : Following new legislation in Wahabism, aides are afraid to ask if Guy on a Horse wants a cup of tea or coffee.
- : Following new legislation in Wahabism, government workers are more efficient and more unhappy than ever.
- : Following new legislation in Wahabism, polygamy is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Wahabism, anyone who so much as frowns risks being referred to a mental health unit.
- : Wahabism's influence in Vistulia rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Wahabism's influence in Vistulia fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".