The Theocracy of Wabberjocky
“People say the world is made for fun and laughter...”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Zero
The Theocracy of Wabberjocky is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.905 billion Wabberjockyians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carrollia. The average income tax rate is 74.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Wabberjockyian economy, worth 158 trillion Pebbles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 40,536 Pebbles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader has just been declared ruler of Wabberjocky in an international press conference, a five-year-old and a convicted terrorist can sit alongside one another in jury service, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Wabberjocky after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, and bands of adventurers rove the countryside searching for monsters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wabberjocky's national animal is the Gryphon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wabberjocky endorsed The Unsound Methods of 3XH181T A.
- : Wabberjocky endorsed The Free Land of Vengeance up on those who invades.
- : Wabberjocky endorsed The Holy Empire of Doknesia.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from The North Pacific to Shinka.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from The West Pacific to The North Pacific.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from The Pacific to The West Pacific.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from Vapor III to The Pacific.
- : Wabberjocky's influence in Vapor III rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Wabberjocky's influence in Vapor III rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Wabberjocky's influence in Vapor III rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
Endorsements Received: None.