The Republic of Vodka Cola
“This.. what... ammm... who are you?”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Republic of Vodka Cola is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.613 billion Vodka Colans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.2%.
The very strong Vodka Colan economy, worth 287 trillion Per milles a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. Average income is 62,318 Per milles, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, Vodka Cola's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Vodka Cola's national animal is the Blurry, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vodka Cola's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Vodka Cola relocated from The South Pacific to Shinka.
- : Vodka Cola relocated from The Rejected Realms to The South Pacific.
- : Vodka Cola resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Vodka Cola relocated from World Communist Party to The Rejected Realms.
- : Vodka Cola was ejected from World Communist Party by The Dictatorship of Habakar.
- : Vodka Cola banned The Colony of TGS Military Dispatch from World Communist Party.
- : Vodka Cola's influence in World Communist Party fell from "Enforcer" to "Envoy".
- : Vodka Cola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Vodka Cola suppressed a post on the World Communist Party Regional Message Board.