The Queendom of Viryyn
“Science is the Pavement upon the road of life”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Queendom of Viryyn is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Kollister with an iron fist, and renowned for its closed borders, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 1.666 billion Viryynians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gehrdel. The average income tax rate is 69.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Viryynian economy, worth 116 trillion Krolts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 70,019 Krolts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles', human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants, and on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Viryyn's national animal is the Brown Recluse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Infinite Pantheon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Viryyn's influence in Appalcadia rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Viryyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Viryyn, on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life.
- : Viryyn's influence in Appalcadia fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Viryyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Viryyn, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
- : Following new legislation in Viryyn, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
- : Following new legislation in Viryyn, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers.
- : Following new legislation in Viryyn, Viryynians are fixin' ta comma any way they wanna.
- : Following new legislation in Viryyn, no one is quite sure what many government officials look like.