The Federal Republic of Viperos
“Unified until the End”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Federal Republic of Viperos is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 863 million Viperosians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Viperos City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Viperosian economy, worth 94.1 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 109,037 Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 9.7 times as much as the poorest.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals, Leader's iHouse is so intelligent that it manages its own social media accounts, and metal detectors have been banned after a bottle cap caused a riot at the beach. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Viperos's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Viperos was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Viperos was endorsed by The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Viperos was endorsed by The Great Congregation of Brethren.
- : Following new legislation in Viperos, metal detectors have been banned after a bottle cap caused a riot at the beach.
- : Following new legislation in Viperos, Leader's iHouse is so intelligent that it manages its own social media accounts.
- : Following new legislation in Viperos, funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals.
- : Following new legislation in Viperos, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Following new legislation in Viperos, only clowns with PhDs from clown college can advise Leader on Viperos's coulrophobia epidemic.
- : Following new legislation in Viperos, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention.
- : Viperos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Fedele, BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, Hizuru, The United Neo American Union, Rhealaliit, Roissyland, VW53Aland, Am Echad, Kangarawa, Brotherland, Staynes, The Angel of Charity, Libertanny, United China Nation, Escade, Janoobi Jazair, Marrico, Axdel, Lerasi, Sericena, RovaMittala, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Eagas, Brethren, Feu de Glace, and Eastie.