The Elite Triumvirate of Vetega
“Gehenna falls. Arrakis rises. Victory is Life!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The Commonwealth of Crowns
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Elite Triumvirate of Vetega is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Lord Hakumen No Mono with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and national health service. The hard-nosed population of 25.213 billion Vetegans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eternia. The average income tax rate is 98.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Vetegan economy, worth a remarkable 5,048 trillion Credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 200,228 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, exorbitant spending on icebreakers breaks the ice at every budget meeting, politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return, and citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vetega's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Scyons of Balance.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vetega was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Vetega voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Removal of Space Debris".
- : Vetega voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Historical Founderless Region Preservation Act ".
- : Vetega was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Vetega was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Vetega voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Noble Thatcherites".
- : Vetega lodged a message on the The Commonwealth of Crowns Regional Message Board.
- : Vetega voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Access to Scientific Knowledge"".
- : Vetega voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Topid"".
- : Vetega was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and the Top 5% for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
Endorsements Received: None.