The Federated Communes of Vestrik
“Libertas et Iustitia Omnibus”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: The Communist Bloc
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Federated Communes of Vestrik is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 826 million Vestrikians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Administration, and Education. The average income tax rate is 73.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vestrikian economy, worth 71.4 trillion Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 86,464 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts, and tourists on boat cruises can't figure out why they smell so fishy afterward. Crime is totally unknown. Vestrik's national animal is the Herring, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vestrik voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Vestrik voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Vestrik, tourists on boat cruises can't figure out why they smell so fishy afterward.
- : Vestrik endorsed The Democratic Republic of Gedzhiktiridzhistan.
- : Vestrik was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Gedzhiktiridzhistan.
- : Vestrik voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Vestrik voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Vestrik, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts.
- : Following new legislation in Vestrik, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning.
- : Following new legislation in Vestrik, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Marxmeans, Shamian, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, New Astri, Rubumba, Kethania, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Ostveimar, Bananorium, The Steephills, Virgondo, Very Good Nation, Thebrin, Rothnia, Pajonia, Southern Taraxacia, Itilien, Imperial Plumbus, The Passerine Islands, Saniston, Theria Han, Hispania Aeterna, Karelianastan, Redternetia, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, ZhongMania, The United Sangha, North Fluedan, Illeron, The Tarpeian Cliffs, Henkidonie, Ambaniala, Uinted Communist of Africa, Romaterra, Piellices, Phallas, Lorgim Lukka, New Soviet States of America, Radicalania, Garbynia, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Soli Mac, Zaversko, Bibliophilius, Hachea, Vilouki, Rojavaria, The Greater Tulsa Area, Mazovian Proletarians, and 3 others.Red nation state, Arsa, and Gedzhiktiridzhistan.