The Technocratic Empire of Veradax
“Security is had by the achievements of man”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: The Alliance of Dictators
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Technocratic Empire of Veradax is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Zealli Sonre with an iron fist, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 14.259 billion Veradacians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xoysa. The average income tax rate is 93.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Veradaxian economy, worth a remarkable 9,247 trillion Xyres a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 648,545 Xyres, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens have never heard foreign radio, people think "siege mentality" is a positive trait, the carbon footprint falls along with the human footprint during war, and hit TV show 'The eXecution Factor' is a critical success. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Veradax's national animal is the Giant Anteater, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Acolytes of Pathosis.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, hit TV show 'The eXecution Factor' is a critical success.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, the carbon footprint falls along with the human footprint during war.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, people think "siege mentality" is a positive trait.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, citizens have never heard foreign radio.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, Zealli Sonre's Dreadnought-class tankbuster limousine is said to have more ammunition than the entire Brancalandian Army.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, mathematicians are gathering an infinite number of Giant Anteaters and typewriters to see if they can recreate the works of Max Barry.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Veradax lodged a message on the The Alliance of Dictators Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more.