The Dictatorship of Venom Bug
“Obey, or Else”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Dictatorship of Venom Bug is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Gama lijah with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 3.583 billion Venom Bugians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Law & Order, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jupiter. The average income tax rate is 96.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Venom Bugian economy, worth a remarkable 1,180 trillion Eyeballs a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 329,598 Eyeballs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Venom Bug after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, and extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venom Bug's national animal is the Zombie Beetle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Venom Hippyllama.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Venom Bug, extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary.
- : Following new legislation in Venom Bug, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Venom Bug after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Venom Bug, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high.
- : Following new legislation in Venom Bug, dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming.
- : Following new legislation in Venom Bug, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Venom Bug, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Venom Bug, 13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Venom Bug, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Venom Bug's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Venom Bug, cheap textbooks have replaced coasters at college ragers.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Marinho Islands, Purple Hyacinth, Tepertopia, Erinor, Land Without Shrimp, Phanama, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, Armonitopia, Qvait, New Briantown, Ralphburg, Wehraboos, Rebel-topia, Zataras, Amerion, Farengeto, PenguinPies, Andinla, Ebonhand, Aumeltopia, Treir, Holota, Ceutalia, Kandorith, Volaworand, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Belschaft, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Wallechi, Auphelia, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Techganet, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, and 3 others.The United Australian States, Freavia, and Ipugao.