The Empire of Velion
“There is no value in anything until it is finished.”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Location: The United Federations
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Empire of Velion is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Zebith with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.422 billion Velionians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of IronWolf. The average income tax rate is 84.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Velionian economy, worth a remarkable 1,648 trillion Crekuchings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 222,084 Crekuchings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government fact-checkers use surprising amounts of high explosive, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, Velionians incessantly needle their doctors for relief, and conspiracy theorists allege IronWolf's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Velion's national animal is the Timber Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, conspiracy theorists allege IronWolf's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, Velionians incessantly needle their doctors for relief.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, government fact-checkers use surprising amounts of high explosive.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Velion.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, lumberjacks only use certified eco-friendly chainsaws.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors.
- : Velion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
Endorsements Received: 22 » Voopmont, Dabberwocky, Belke, The New United Socialist Random Empire, BJMS, Aidviet Union, Voopiria, Riptaria, The Narwhalian Republic of the North, Coryanhafflaruda, Empire of Dunist, Colendia, Nagolronnoc, Federated Communes of Cygnus X-1, Zoidia, Greater Roman Italy, The Almighty Space Dragons, Orasil, The Furry Commune, Bohachia, Cevlaia, and Voopigrad.