The Commonwealth of Vardanfel
“Nothing is Sacred. All is Permitted”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Commonwealth of Vardanfel is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Alexander Nisipeanu with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.454 billion Vardanfelians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Citadel. The average income tax rate is 82.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vardanfelian economy, worth 405 trillion Septims a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 165,149 Septims, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, board shorts have replaced board rooms, couples kissing on the street are detained for 'unlawful exchange of genetic material', and psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vardanfel's national animal is the Giant Dire Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vardanfel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Vardanfel, psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests.
- : Following new legislation in Vardanfel, couples kissing on the street are detained for 'unlawful exchange of genetic material'.
- : Following new legislation in Vardanfel, board shorts have replaced board rooms.
- : Following new legislation in Vardanfel, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- : Vardanfel was endorsed by The Holy Republic of East Nagaland.
- : Following new legislation in Vardanfel, the newest shade developed by Vardanfel's dye industry has been dubbed 'Agent Orange'.
- : Vardanfel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Vardanfel, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies.
- : Vardanfel endorsed The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
Endorsements Received: 142 » Amerion, Qvait, Aumeltopia, Erinor, Hanguk-Nippon, Wehraboos, Mapico, Beepee, PenguinPies, Kringalia, Kandorith, Bawkie, Techganet, Tsunamy, Farengeto, Terran Draconia, The Filippinas, North Kanuckistan, Ebonhand, Aurcania, West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Anserisa, Sedunn, Jehenna, Bear Connors Paradiso, Pamela And Hepatitis, Privatore, Land Without Shrimp, HUElavia, Aschenburg, Soem, The Solar System Scope, Curlyhoward, Abarri, Ralphburg, Aidenfieeld, Yeldarbsland, Seliyan progressive Islands, Crystal Creation, The United Expanse, New Briantown, Theorin, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Iym Winterless, Japanese Federal Republic, Three Rivia Levr, Dereistic, Southern Numenor, and 92 others.The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Tsvetania, GI-Land, Enplatia, Direwolf1, Holy Free, Drystar, Steampunk Engineers, Pmta, Doraya, Springhollow, Corgitopiaa, Marinho Islands, Linguiniland, Compli, Shefino, The Worst army of, Auphelia, Dukin Donuts, Laamiva, Sandaoguo, Belschaft, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, South Caleblan, Maximvs Tarvgvs Rex, Myness, Volaworand, Merevane, Tepertopia, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Royaltica, Brunier, Rebel-topia, Alfama, Zataras, Vanbella, Eskvenn, Nowa Europa, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, Fasire, Berlana, Indolos, Yellunstryer, Abyssal Phantasm, Rotenaplistan, Kiasu-ism, The Imperial Frost Federation, The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, Wakandan Tribes, Escevola, Bohenia, Treir, Synarion, Euro Pacifica, Wallechi, Truskawkoland, Holota, Qawe, LadyRebels, The Altan, Carthatska, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, Yeses, WI SD EA D, Sapientiano, Blondiesland, Central German Empire, Proctethia, Honey Cake, Calistan, Greater Scottdascoda, Libedistan, Levistian, Westenhald, Freedoom, Gonrati, New Belgrade, The United Australian States, Ipugao, and East Nagaland.