The Empire of Valcouria
“With God, for Emperor and Fatherland”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Empire of Valcouria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Constantine I with an iron fist, and renowned for its triple-decker prams, avowedly heterosexual populace, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 19.134 billion Valcourians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bainbridge. The average income tax rate is 6.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Valcourian economy, worth a remarkable 7,383 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 385,861 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, it's harder to qualify for IVF than for a good university, and stolen Reuben sandwiches are met with detailed and thorough police investigations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valcouria's national animal is the White-tailed Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valcouria lodged a message on the Anteria Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, stolen Reuben sandwiches are met with detailed and thorough police investigations.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, it's harder to qualify for IVF than for a good university.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- : Valcouria was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Valcouria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Valcouria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, drug-related crimes carry the death penalty.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Lesser Velutaria, Hatstheput, Whitmarche, Kiyortza, Teckia, The New Bulgarian Order, Speke, Bro Wyned, Fallooplesburg, Halsuntria, New Sebronia, Framosia, Gadorien, Southern Velutaria, Flashboom, Wellsenfaile, Kentalis, Abjekistan, Montecaro, Yetrasia, Shadoveil, Prybourne, Foxomexra, Lil Nasbol, Nerany, Turpir Hoes, Regauria, Gran Rugido, Yodivenis, Zhousheng, San Calia, Nicersdah, Prei Meas, Kistolia, Horizen Islands, Republic of Turbin, The Switz Alps, Shimerland, Amrelia, Latvia and Saaremaa, The Modern New Spanish Empire, Greater Efrafa, Misnomers, Blechingia, Torvon, Senshen, Plattinum, Iwonia, Sab Demenr, United States of New Atlantis, and 8 others.Nondenominational Christian Commonwealth, The Trilla Gang Mafia, The Capitol Districts, Lyonheimer, Sorlyset, Nissisoma, Gavrilia, and Encessia.