The Heavenly Realm of Urhlan
“Might Makes Right”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Location: The Alliance of Dictators
Regional Influence: Page
The Heavenly Realm of Urhlan is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Ctibor IV with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 6.512 billion Urhs are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamok. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 40.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Urhlanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,889 trillion Ports a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 290,137 Ports, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,648,639 per year while the poor average 3,504, a ratio of 755 to 1.
Diplomacy falls apart when diplomats drink too much, international trade is a sticky issue, Ctibor IV often plays real life games of Tower Defense against hordes of angry villagers, and political loyalty is enforced by way of chemical addiction. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Urhlan's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Imperial Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Urhlan, political loyalty is enforced by way of chemical addiction.
- : Following new legislation in Urhlan, Ctibor IV often plays real life games of Tower Defense against hordes of angry villagers.
- : Following new legislation in Urhlan, international trade is a sticky issue.
- : Urhlan's influence in The Alliance of Dictators rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Urhlan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Urhlan, diplomacy falls apart when diplomats drink too much.
- : Following new legislation in Urhlan, foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Urhlanian bee.
- : Following new legislation in Urhlan, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : Urhlan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Urhlan, people forget to eat because they are too busy singing Ctibor IV's praises.