The Republic of Unyeou
“For everyone's hopes and dreams!”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: Weeb Chaos
Regional Influence: Power
The Republic of Unyeou is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Asriel Smith with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, triple-decker prams, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 5.723 billion Unyeouans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tungl City. The average income tax rate is 82.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Unyeouan economy, worth 337 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,970 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward, Unyeouan watches are often the only thing to survive a disaster intact, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments, and blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unyeou's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Doitsuism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Unyeou was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Unyeou voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Unyeou was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education and the Top 10% for Safest.
- : Unyeou added the tag "LGBT" to Weeb Chaos.
- : Unyeou added the tag "Casual" to Weeb Chaos.
- : Unyeou lodged a message on the Weeb Chaos Regional Message Board.
- : Unyeou altered the regional flag of Weeb Chaos.
- : Unyeou updated the World Factbook entry in Weeb Chaos.
- : Unyeou changed its national leader to "Asriel Smith" and its motto to "For everyone's hopes and dreams!".
- : Following new legislation in Unyeou, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour.
Endorsements Received: None.