The Dominion of Under Sea Desert
“Scallops for all”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Dominion of Under Sea Desert is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Pectinidae Magnus with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.31 billion Under Sea Desertians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of - oh thats right - they don't have one. The average income tax rate is 83.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Under Sea Desertian economy, worth 345 trillion Bronze Scallops a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 149,768 Bronze Scallops, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly, getting an infected tattoo is considered a rite of passage in Under Sea Desert, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants, and it's been a banner year for local vexillology. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Under Sea Desert's national animal is the Scallop, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is anybody's guess.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Under Sea Desert was endorsed by The TEP Citizen of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- : Under Sea Desert endorsed The TEP Citizen of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, it's been a banner year for local vexillology.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants.
- : Under Sea Desert voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, getting an infected tattoo is considered a rite of passage in Under Sea Desert.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, children entertain themselves by throwing rocks through the windows of world-class museums.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, being Pectinidae Magnus has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Pectinidae Magnus to meetings with foreign heads of state.
Endorsements Received: 99 » H-Zhena, Am Echad, VW53Aland, Rhealaliit, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Wiranath, Brotherland, The Solar Ottomans, Sanah, Kangarawa, Goodnamesarerare, The Romanum Legio, Eagas, Dragonia, Libertanny, Squid Ruinosa, Elejamie, Republic of Berzerkistan, Axdel, Kaigi, Grossvietnam, Propwash, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Adavan, Slys Paws, Pakitsk, Kriov, Talitoa, Matdor, Marrabuk, East Malaysia, The Almighty Country, Wizardonia, Lyontisia, Unger under over, Headpat Central, Dragons Blood, Someseni, La xinga, FreedomIand, Servants of Gizmo, Evrigenis, Modra, Rainbow Vests, Interdimensional Waifus, St Guilders Gate, Stumptopia, Ridann, and 49 others.Yelkinam, Zukchiva, The Empire of Rijelv, Bai Lung, ArenaC, Asendavia, Ad Honorem Dei, Calbee, The Militarius Imperium, Slonful, Socialist Holy American Empire, Stellar Colonies, Tretrid, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Azureano, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Acronis, Greater New Cassandra, The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, Mays Austrian Nation, The Eternal Land of Jong, Raunch, Woodsind, Jakubonia, Aurza, Technocratic Tagalog, Jyzeria, Tseriesiscoming, Harro Waarudho, Cameronia Excellentia, Roliganistan, Oofery, Kelsyth, SecularNorth, A mean old man, Flench, Firenation91, Coruh, Khvetsch, Filipopol, Philville2, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Nellie the Dog, and A Slanted Black Stripe.