The Transhuman Hive of Turbeaux
“Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Transhuman Hive of Turbeaux is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Chairman Sheng-ji Yang with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, infamous sell-swords, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 6.196 billion Transhumans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nacelle. The average income tax rate is 99.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Transhuman economy, worth a remarkable 2,426 trillion turbines a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Tourism, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 391,630 turbines, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mind Worm is one of the most popular forenames in Turbeaux, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and not many kids know Shakespeare's Hamlet but most of them have seen unofficial sequel Hamlet III - The Search For Osric. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Turbeaux's national animal is the mind worm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Quantum Mechanics.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, not many kids know Shakespeare's Hamlet but most of them have seen unofficial sequel Hamlet III - The Search For Osric.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies.
- : Turbeaux voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Turbeaux voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, Mind Worm is one of the most popular forenames in Turbeaux.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Turbeaux was endorsed by The Commonwealth of East Stederland.
- : Turbeaux endorsed The Commonwealth of East Stederland.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, the nation is noticeably more cheerful on Tuesdays.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Ransium, Canaltia, Ownzone, Candlewhisper Archive, Feladria, Kawastyselir, Cannibaland, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Reannia, Chilledsville, Ironic Remarks, Ziotah and Riverside, Frieden-und Freudenland, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Fahx, Entitize, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Ruinenlust, Forgotten Beauty, Love and Nature, Sacara, Wantevolo, Window Land, Verdant Haven, Cat-Herders United, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Eaven, Hyon Delta, Plifte, Octopus Islands, The Righteous Order of Youth, Bananaistan, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Bregaria, Lura, Cheloboria, Rippardine, Murmuria, Palos Heights, Kinectia, Tur Ada, Krisylia, and 36 others.Porth Dunwich, Bilsa, Appendia, Blon Gre, Effazio, Burkhai, Bakwaas, Girelna, Spengland et South Toiwan, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Oregone, Deontologia, Groenwald, New Ladavia, Ashrah, McClandia Doge 2, Atsvea, Middle Barael, Tscharva, Pythaga, New Kvenland, Ertaland, Bestburg, Talgarth, PD Kuykendall, Alcantaria, Roless, Paplia, Jutsa, Heidgaudr, Rivienland, Shauls, Forestal, Norginlajicratefe, and East Stederland.