The Vast Kingdom of Tropicville
“To the Sea, From the Sea”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Power
The Vast Kingdom of Tropicville is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Ezra with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cheerful, devout population of 17.266 billion Tropicans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Environment, with Education and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bali. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tropic economy, worth a remarkable 2,088 trillion tropps a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 120,938 tropps, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
College athletes are arrested for selling lemonade, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination, and rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tropicville's national animal is the sailfish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tropicville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Tropicville voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Tropicville agreed to construct embassies between Brannackia and The Embassy.
- : Tropicville voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Tropicville voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Tropicville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Tropicville's influence in Brannackia fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Tropicville's influence in Brannackia rose from "Zero" to "Superpower".
- : Tropicville lodged a message on the Brannackia Regional Message Board.
- : Tropicville relocated from The LCRUA to Brannackia.
Endorsements Received: None.