The Allied States of Troglod
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Allied States of Troglod is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its deadly medical pandemics, feral children, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 261 million Troglodytes are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.6%.
The powerhouse Troglodian economy, worth 29.6 trillion stones a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 113,341 stones, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 645,872 per year while the poor average 9,661, a ratio of 66.9 to 1.
Billions of stones are being poured into a space program, possession of tomato seeds with intent to garden is a criminal offence, gossip magazines have been replaced by mask catalogs, and religious bigotry and a fear of outsiders have replaced religious studies in schools. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force. Troglod's national animal is the Snake lizard thing, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Troglod was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Troglod was endorsed by The Principality of Freavia.
- : Following new legislation in Troglod, religious bigotry and a fear of outsiders have replaced religious studies in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Troglod, gossip magazines have been replaced by mask catalogs.
- : Following new legislation in Troglod, possession of tomato seeds with intent to garden is a criminal offence.
- : Following new legislation in Troglod, billions of stones are being poured into a space program.
- : Following new legislation in Troglod, Chekhov's guns are killing the entertainment budget.
- : Troglod voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Troglod, grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them.
- : Troglod created a custom banner.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Volaworand, Jehenna, Marinho Islands, Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Qvait, Tepertopia, Erinor, Beepee, Conexia, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Belschaft, Holota, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Treir, Scu Greinne, Greenval, PenguinPies, Yeses, Shuckle Empire, Death to democracy, Wehraboos, Rebel-topia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aumeltopia, Ebonhand, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Bichedder, Eskvenn, Holy Free, Ipugao, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ceutalia, Sedunn, Gonrati, New Belgrade, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, and Freavia.