The Paradise on Earth of Treciene
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
The Paradise on Earth of Treciene is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Priestan III with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.257 billion Trecienese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crowntelevon. The average income tax rate is 68.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Trecienese economy, worth 172 trillion Hochrotes a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 137,210 Hochrotes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Anyone who sneezes at border crossings is turned away, it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines', and parents are shocked to find out that having kids costs money. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Treciene's national animal is the Blue Fierce, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Multiple.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Treciene, parents are shocked to find out that having kids costs money.
- : Following new legislation in Treciene, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
- : Following new legislation in Treciene, it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven.
- : Treciene agreed to construct embassies between Treciene and The Illuminati.
- : Treciene published "Crowntelevon, City of Dreams lyrics" (Bulletin: Opinion).
- : Treciene proposed constructing embassies between Treciene and The Embassy.
- : Treciene was removed from the regional ban list of The Embassy by The Dirty but Lucrative Affairs of A Goblinoid Merchant.
- : Following new legislation in Treciene, anyone who sneezes at border crossings is turned away.
- : Following new legislation in Treciene, churches across the land are hurriedly installing auto-tune for their choirs.
- : Following new legislation in Treciene, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.