The Holy Red Democracy of Transvolcanic
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Holy Red Democracy of Transvolcanic is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lasagna with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.796 billion Transvolcanic peoples hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Volkansfort. The average income tax rate is 75.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Transvolcanician economy, worth 256 trillion Boxes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 142,737 Boxes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children who write letters to Santa Claus end up in straitjackets, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget', the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines, and the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Transvolcanic's national animal is the Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Mäfîą dėł pøtërē.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Transvolcanic was endorsed by The Holy Republic of East Nagaland.
- : Transvolcanic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Defense Forces, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Transvolcanic, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : Following new legislation in Transvolcanic, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines.
- : Following new legislation in Transvolcanic, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget'.
- : Transvolcanic endorsed The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Transvolcanic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Transvolcanic was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Transvolcanic, children who write letters to Santa Claus end up in straitjackets.
- : Following new legislation in Transvolcanic, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Marinho Islands, New Briantown, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Aumeltopia, Tepertopia, Bawkie, Qvait, Ebonhand, Nowa Europa, Amerion, Wehraboos, Jehenna, Bartonia Nova, PenguinPies, Erinor, Tsunamy, Vanbella, Farengeto, Purple Hyacinth, West Pastafaria, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Kandorith, WI SD EA D, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Apartment 11F, Andinla, Shefino, Beepee, Sandaoguo, Aidenfieeld, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Eskvenn, The Imperial Frost Federation, Wakandan Tribes, Berlana, Myhomecountry, Ralphburg, Rebel-topia, Armonitopia, Zataras, Holota, Treir, Synarion, Auphelia, Wallechi, New Goldman, Qawe, The Altan, and 21 others.Seythennia, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, LadyRebels, Yeses, Margila Islands, Libedistan, Westenhald, Freedoom, Sedunn, Enplatia, New Belgrade, Tughampton, Gonrati, Dai Han, The United Australian States, Ipugao, and East Nagaland.